: : the SVS gallery : : last update - (8th February)

survulus

gallerytitle2.png

First of all I'm going to thank you for visiting or revisiting this gallery. Your input, comments, criticisms and compliments all really mean a lot to me, so thank you so much.

Pretty much I started graphic design work when I was about 12, when I borrowed a relative's version of Paint Shop Pro. I never got past very basic level there and dropped using the program after a while. Then, a few months ago I picked up PDN, arrived at the forums and have since progressed relatively well, learning about so much thanks to everyone here, not just from tuts but simply from the sigs people make.

I also study Graphic Communication, of which a small part of the folio is computer graphic design wor, in the form of a fake magazine (which I have shown below).

Thanks again and enjoy the gallery. Any constructive criticism and comment is welcome.

Signature Art (adjacent avatars not shown)

Section 1

Hidden Content:
SocietyPDN.png

sig-1.png

3.png

JupiterSig1.png

sig2.png

HaloSig.png

final2.png

final-1.png

final.png

Section 2

Hidden Content:
Sig.png

1.png

sig-4.png

sig-3.png

sig-2.png

2-3.png

FREESTYLEplanets2.png

bourne.png

sig-5.png

2-4.png

fallout3.png

1b.png

1-7.png

Section 3 - NEW!

Hidden Content:
1-4.png

2-8.png

sig2.png

1-8.png

6-1.png

2-2.png

new1.png

1-11.png

The Golden Oldies

Hidden Content:
sigHorror.png

SVSwestSIG.png

SVS3.jpg

SVSsmoothSIG.png

100sihnew.png

Other ArtworkNEW!

Magazine Design

Hidden Content:
This is a mock-up magazine I did for my Graphic Communication folio in school. I made several versions of front copy also but I've decided to only show the final type here. WARNING: Some of the images used are from games rated 18 and contain virtual gory images.

Front Cover

Pages 2 & 3

Pages 4 & 5

Pages 6 & 7

Back Cover

These are the other drafts of the front cover, of which I had troubles designing initially.

Draft 1

Draft 2

Draft 3

Band Artwork (Local Bands called "Happy Missiles" and "Age of Element"

Spacescapes (I'm still learning, all 100% PDN) NEW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, your good.

You really really need to work on yout text.

Maybe read a few tuts.

Thanks very much. :)

Though in what pieces does the text seem to be lacking? Or in general. I'll admit, I usually go for a simplistic font, but that's just my style, simple and easy. It's all opinions nowadays, but thanks anyway, I appreciate constructive criticism. :)

And thanks very much LFC, a slightly opposite comment, complimenting the fonts. It's reassuring to get good coments from acclaimed artist in the forum :P

Your art is amazing, very nice job on all your sigs! Why did you label those sigs "The Golden Oldies" though, they aren't that old, I can remember you posting all of them on the "Rate the Sig of the Poster Below You" topic.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Your art is amazing, very nice job on all your sigs! Why did you label those sigs "The Golden Oldies" though, they aren't that old, I can remember you posting all of them on the "Rate the Sig of the Poster Below You" topic.

Well, older stuff for me, that was a few months ago, when I joined, the firts few sigs that I created (apart from my first which was atrocious), but in terms of my time here they're old. :P I think I've learned a bit since then, so I tend to seperate those from my current sigs, which I'm making at quite a speed.

And thanks very much Zwicky, guess, we'll be keeping an eye on one another's galleries then. :) Though I'm probably going to do a small update this weekend, keep an eye out for that...