Hardwood Flooring [Rewritten]

jerkfight

Wow. Very usefull tutorial with great results. Thanks jerkfight.

The clickable is a screenshot taken from a test game level I made where I used my result as the floor texture.

th_wood_floor.jpg

Cool, I made this:

windowxi5.png

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Hey, Great tut (up to a point)

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but...

After the jumble, when I go to "select" I can not select entire rows. As I click on additional blocks, it chooses (as I suppose it should) based on like color, not block divisions. So, I wind up with pieces of many blocks selected.

I have tried various select settings and sensitivities and cannot seem to select entire rows or even crisp, clean edged blocks at all. It always "bleeds" over into another block or many blocks.

I can post pictures if needed, but I didn't think that was necessary.

I have a feeling that this may be due to the amounts and choices used in the "Twist" and Layer Blend" steps. But I don't know enough to say for sure. I just know it doesn't work for me.

But I do think what you've created looks very much like a wood floor and it is the "Paneling" offset that does it. The only thing that would make it more realistic is to keep the shading real close so the boards aren't so contrasting when you apply the "Jumble" effect.

Any ideas on my slect problem would be appreciated.

Thx

Thank you Ash.

I'll try that. I just thought it was supposed to be a more precise, wanding step. The pictures of the selections all look so equal and precise.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice thank you.....

Great tutorial, but I can not find jumble or I do not have this plug-in

The very first lines of the tutorial specify the different plugins you'll need, and both are specified as links, so if you click on them it will take you directly to the page for them to download.

Very nice thank you.....

Great tutorial, but I can not find jumble or I do not have this plug-in

No problem, and do what Curmudgeon stated

omExTE6.png

The very first lines of the tutorial specify the different plugins you'll need, and both are specified as links, so if you click on them it will take you directly to the page for them to download.

Thank you so much... Now I have jumble....:-)))

Thank you so much... Now I have jumble....:-)))

Remember that there are many plugins in this forum that can be very useful. So dont be afraid to try others ;)

omExTE6.png

Hmm for some reason Jumble did not work for me

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg