Polaroid Collage

Dravlocphoto

Looks pretty neat, Wrencher. Do u have a tutorial for it?

Hi, Thanks!...no I dont have a tutorial, but its not too hard..just time. It was just multiple layers for each picture and adjustments to each layer..(opacity, blurs, sizing etc), and lastly a few layers for the fonts. I winged the whole thing and did not save the layered version (pdn file) sorry.

Play around with Paint.net...and once you learn it more and more, you will create something better! :D

• 1 month later...

uncheck the first layer which is all white when you open a new picture, add a transparent layer draw a filled box shape with outline.

then under layers > import from file. your picture will be on next transparent layer. just use the move pixels tool and line up the picture bit more towards top edge of your white square.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A quick note on the correct dimensions & proportions of a polaroid. All of these dimensions use the image height as the reference size.

Area of the image: Image height 100%, image width 97.5% (yes they are just taller than square)

Area of the frame: Frame height 135%, frame width 110%.

Border widths: Border-top 7.5%, border-bottom 27.5%, borders-left & right 5%.

Setting your polaroid frame to these proportions will help the overall effect enormously.

Or in metric:

Image is 80mm high x 78mm wide.

Frame is 108mm high and 88mm wide.

Top border 6mm.

Bottom border 22mm.

Side borders 5mm each. :D

For anyone who is following this tutorial (or wants to easily create a polaroid frame), I have created a little plugin which makes the correctly proportioned frame for you.

You can find it here: Polaroid Frame (viewtopic.php?p=208110#p208110)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am following this tutorial and can't get past the first stage. I lay down the first layer as a background eg. gradient. All is fine until I bring an image in. The background layer shrinks up into the corner and I can't go any further with the project because I can't get the background to fill the "canvas". Can anyone help or shed any light on what is happening. I am new to paint.net so I may be making a very basic error or omitting something.