Aurora Effect (by request)

david.atwell

I'm critic.Critique made us do things better.

Again, I ask: how would you do it better?

I'm very open to critique. I'm just not open to baseless critique if the person critiquing has no idea what they're talking about. So, to prove that it's not just baseless critique, how would you do it better?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Than why many peoples critique a football teams and singers,actors?Any actor,football player(soccer) or singer(songer?) may ask to all:if you can,do it better!

Now i can't do this better(in my plans try to do nice),but i apologyze,that before that post a tutorial,you may debug(if i can use this word in this subject-matter) this to normal view.

And i don't want to insult anybody about it tutorial.And i don't say ,that your image isn'tnice,but it will be do VERY long way to be normal aurora effect.May be if we will be try to do this,we create a new effect(based on aurora),but new :) And it will be called Paintora effect ;)

:-P It's okay. I understand. But I would like to know what you think I could do better...do you think it's too fuzzy, too aliased, not opaque enough, not transparent enough...?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

hmmm...i think i should be more transparent,more gradiented(not background,this "wings"),more wings and it should be different size(wings) and... and i can't explain more with my terrible english ;)

but i think how this tutorilal will be turn in nearly-perfect if rename theread to the mac os style wallpapers,we recieve good tutorial in mac os style wallpapers(if you can remember blue ac os wallpapers they similar with cris desighn wallpapers)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:O Wow! This helped me a lot. I'm a bit new to the forums, and I say that this is one of my favorites. Here's what I did with a slightly different method:

aurora-1.png

Instead of selecting the area below the line with the magic wand tool, I raised the tolerance and filled it on that layer. After that I used the gradient tool in transparency mode to make it smoother. :)

signame.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks good. Nice modification.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't mean to burst bubbles but the only way you'll get that gradient is by using black as the secondary. Sorry, I tried with both colors listed and it doesn't show up with the black on bottom no matter what you do. I'll follow it your way and see what happens.

• 2 years later...

Removed dead links.  Not so surprising after six years.

You see how we need you around here? :)