Ash

Sunset

I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

i would advise you to modify your post how you have written it is sounds extremely rude.

Ash did not say this was a beginners tut. also keep in mind when this tut was made. many plugins have been added and modified since he has written this. (ASH wrote tut in 07 Madjik modified and improved the plugin in 2008) of course the screen shots will not be correct.

a screen shot of exactly where you are going off on the tut goes a long way for us to help you out. It could just be a matter of you have one wrong setting or have the incorrect layer highlighted. or any number of other minor adjustments you need to make. a Screen shot helps us help you..

ciao OMA

I believe the water reflections is the correct one. I got help with the color burn, I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

I think I know what you're doing wrong. The water plugin has to be used on the background layer, not the one you just created. Am I right?

I believe the water reflections is the correct one. I got help with the color burn, I still can not get the water to appear or anything. There has to be steps left out in this tutorial, if so, Im so beyond angry...as I have been working on this for days. Do not publish tuts if they are incomplete. How is a newbie suppose to learn the difference?

I think I know what you're doing wrong. The water plugin has to be used on the background layer, not the one you just created. Am I right?

It could just be a matter of you have one wrong setting or have the incorrect layer highlighted

exactly what I was thinking. but a screen shot of where she/he is in the tut would have helped from the very beginning.

ciao OMA

water refelctions is it?!?!? hmm i check my water reflections and i cant get it to work so i dont know what to do :(

Thanks for the tutorial. To clarify a few things, as others have pointed out, the "Water Reflection" plugin is the updated version of the "Water" plugin. Also, after following step eight, "8. Add New Lyayer---Move Layer down---fill layer with color of the ocean.", you must then select the background layer of the clouds and then apply the "Water Reflection" plugin.

post-89692-0-75206500-1351888592_thumb.j

Very nice, I think there needs to be more realistic colors though, but that's just me.

I agree.  It looks nice indeed, but the color's are off.  Needs more realistic colors