GEMSTONE V2 !

Ash

OK, I'll try and find a copy of the dll to stick onto the first post.

In the meantime - try using Median, as Rick explains in post #8 of that thread:

This looks like the exact same as Median, except with a square shaped area instead of a circle shaped area.

As a final option, there is an alternative erode/dilate filter: Basic Morphologic Operations

• Upvote 1

Thanks! - I just fancied trying it, so I won't be heartbroken if you can't find a copy.

Rick Brewster, on 02 March 2007 - 12:49 PM, said:

This looks like the exact same as Median, except with a square shaped area instead of a circle shaped area.

? Squares and circles are slightly different, although I may have confused the issue! :lol:

Edited by Red ochre

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Oh dear boltbait.sad.png

We block that specific URL for a very good reason. They illegally distribute plugins without the Authors permission. They also redistribute old versions of just about anything.

My recommendation: Immediately delete the download and run every spyware and virus check that you have installed. Good luck.

@jim100361 - please do NOT post that link again. In any shape or form.

I scanned it with Kaspersky pure, both before and after unzipping it - all ok. It seems to work as expected and nothing odd noticed yet - but I will move the dll into 'quarantine', to be safe.

Thanks for the advice, - I'm always very wary of downloading from off-site links - hopefully I've got away with it this time.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/19/2016 at 0:44 AM, Rickhum said:

Helpful tut Ash, not much out there on faceted gems. Tried a tut in another program that was way more difficult to follow & not nessa cellary a better result. tuvm :-)

Hi Rickhum - @Ash was one of our best PDN'ers on here (together with many others, like Yellowman & WB) who no longer visit us - sadly :( .

However - here is a video by Yellowman which, although done in an older version of PDN, should still be possible with the latest version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoC4wbfZP7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzID8Ib_l8

Have fun :D .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.