Sign in to follow this  
Ben_R_R

Explosion

SCRN, me neither.

Ben, great tutorial! Easy to follow, and lots of room to play (learn).

My try. I edited the RGB curves on the bottom image so it's bluer and on the "explosion" portions so it's yellower/brighter/louder(?).

explosioncm4.png

New to the forums; not new to PDN, been looking up tutorials recently. Here's my take. No plugins yet.

envyexplosionfi8.png

And a quickie second take, looking more like an ion core exploding or something.

coreexplosionxv6.png

Here is my try, sorta like it but with some twists I added all the curves in a single spot a little to the left and bottom

14020_fe11e696135280ad888955893edafe58

Please comment/rate my picture! You can also PM me with any requests!

I downloaded PDN for a contest for wich I needed to create a cool signature.

I didn't make a forum account, because I could read all tuts and I didn't feel like posting my own creation, until now!

See my result: (sorry for .PNG format)

2i7n4no.png

I think I don't have to tell you how I got the colours, but the "electric" effect* is something I will explain:

When you use [Effects > Render > Clouds...] set the Blend Mode to "Difference". Press [Ctrl + F] and you will have "black lightning". Now go to [Adjustments > Invert colors]. You can't see the lightning very clear now, so now go to [Adjustments > Levels...] and put the Middle Arrows in the Output down. Now you have beautiful white lightning.

Now just go on to step 3!

Also, skip step 15 and 16;

× 15 because the electric effect will be deleted by this.

× 16 because it makes the electricity look like a worm =P

* The electric effect on the exploding thing.

Nice work; looks excellent! --Welcome to the forums. Also, don't apologize for .PNG. We use PNGs a lot around here. :-)

Nice work; looks excellent! --Welcome to the forums. Also, don't apologize for .PNG. We use PNGs a lot around here. :-)

(Let's showoff). Forum is Latin. one forum, two fora ;).

Sign in to follow this