Kiosk Orbs!

snospmiS

• 2 weeks later...

no offense but i found this tut a little hard to follow. mabey post your steps in seprate numbers instead of "1.3" write "3" ect. but I admire your atempt and I like the idea. :D I could have never done that on my own.

Yeah, I'm weird. What's you're point?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Umm hi

I'm new around here

and well i love dis tut but i seem to mess up all the time i try to make the it

i was wondering if it is possible if someone cud make it for just the orb i will not take credit for i just want to use it but it is hard to make it

• 1 month later...

Two weeks I have been at the tuts and I find everyday they change. Fantastic! I happened on this one and while it was not the 1st tut I have done, it is by far the most advanced tut and I was able to do it in 1 shot. I am having a problem and I really need help with this. HOW in the world do you all get them shadows? I tried rotate/zoom, oblique, tube oblique and I can't get my shadow down on the ground!! Hehehehe. I haven't even attempted reflefctions as of yet. Could someone please explain? Here is what I have so far:

16401_56049b8fea4400241436096fdc2a2df5

If reflections are not that hard to explain or if there is a tut that would help me, I sure would appreciate the info.

I got a start on reflections, thanx to Saturn of Ribbons thanx a mill Wither. Now to learn the neat shadowing tenique! Anyone able to help??

Thanx

16401_3be8a2b0b9774b2030090b3fb63e9069

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

I asked the same question Kepke, days ago and still got no response, although I was told by someone I would get a faster response in tut than in GD. :( :? Good Luck and I hope you find out.

When you do, could you let me know :?: :?:

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

@KEPKE & ccll:

I must have missed this question...

Try

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2227

Or...

Dup the layer of the object.

Select the bottom object layer.

Adjust :BlackAndWhite::BrightnessContrast: so the object is now just black color.

Blur it a bit.

Use this plugin viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2963

Align the shadow with the object.

Done.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 3 weeks later...

I've done this orb on my 4th attempt, following your tutorial exactly step by step. I'm happy with it but with the base orb wich could have been placed a bit more down.

The tut is great to learn about layers (although I'm still a bit blured on my trigonometrie vision) but as I'm complete new to paint.net or any drawing program for all that matters I'm finding a bit difficult to adjust the center image in order to get a clear one, this is, providing I can find a transparent background one.

Could someone share some light on how to do this?

k3dy2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for a great and very detailed tutorial!

I've been at it for about 2 hours now :lol: I didn't put anything in the orb yet but I will have a go later!

I think I went a bit wrong as there is a black bar at the top (no idea where that came from :lol: ), the middle chrome bit isn't continuous and part of my middle circle got chopped off!. I think I'll have another go when I'm not so brain-dead! :lol:

kiosk3-1.png

Loving Learning!

winter.jpg

My deviantART page