Kiosk Orbs!

snospmiS

1.1) Start with an Canvas of 800x800 pixels [strg.] + [shift] + [R], background filled white (FFFFFF).

1.2) Add a new layer [strg.] + [shift] + [N] ("Layer 2") on which you'll draw a black (00000) circle. Use the Ellipse-Tool with Draw Filled Shape ( Antianalising Enabeld) and hold [shift] in order to draw a black, perfectly symmetric circle with 400x400 pixels.

I use Windows Xp i notice your key shortcuts i dont have the [strg.] Im assuming its [Ctrl] which doesnt matter at this point, but in 1.1 you say to have background filled white ok on your screenshot I dont see it in the history so do I fill with paintbucket or just leave as is white.

On 1.2 I add layer no problem, my problem is draw a black circle it says to use ellipse-tool with draw filed shape but I cant use both at once and I dont get how to use the draw fill tool it does nothing that i can see.

I can make a ellipse with ellipse tool 400x400 no problem and then fill with black using paintbucket but when i flatten image and invert it goes all white the whole picture the black doesnt invert from inside the circle so I dont know what Im doing wrong Lol cant get past step 1 , help me please I really like your tut and the results just need guidance, thanks. :)

but in 1.1 you say to have background filled white ok on your screenshot I dont see it in the history so do I fill with paintbucket or just leave as is white.

The background is filled white by default, so you don't have to fill it with white. ;) Certainly...i doesn't hurt, in fact, it won't make any difference. =D

On 1.2 I add layer no problem, my problem is draw a black circle it says to use ellipse-tool with draw filed shape but I cant use both at once and I dont get how to use the draw fill tool it does nothing that i can see.

:Warning:Attention! Don't mixe up the :EllipseSelectTool: Ellipse Select-Tool and the :EllipseTool: Ellipse-Tool! If u take the :EllipseTool: Ellipse-Tool (!) u should be able to set the drawing mode to :ShapeInterior: Draw Filled Shape. (Take a look -> click )

If u use the :EllipseSelectTool: Ellipse Select-Tool and fill the color with black, u don't get those smoothed edges.

when i flatten image and invert it goes all white the whole picture the black doesnt invert from inside the circle so I dont know what Im doing wrong

I guess u didn't deselect the selection...in this case only the colors of the black circle invert...to white like the background. ;)

Hope i could help! =)

Keep on trying!

@ palomares05

Given the fact that u have PdN just for about two days u did a very good job!! =)

@ ethomps

Thx! =)

x1.gifx3.gifx2.gif

y1.gify3.gify2.gif

.::[ Kiosk Orbs ]::.

Somehow I can't see any images from the tut...

It must be just me :?

damn...=/ Are u still in Hong Kong? :? *cough*

As a test: Are u able to see the yellow Orb with your banana in it? =D

th_ko4.png

In this case, i used Photobucket...i hope it works >.<

i know...the reflection isn't still very realistic

Yes I can see it now, LOL how did my banana get in there? :lol:

Thanks, but whats being in HK got to do with it? :?

I wanna be able to see all the pic in the tut so I can give it a try too :P

Too much truble?? :?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thanks, but whats being in HK got to do with it? :?

I've no idea ^^' ...anyway...i quickly uploaded all (51! -.-) images to photobucket and edited my tut. Enjoy! :D

TT_TT

THANK YOU!! you can see I am so touched I am crying :lol:

*Saves to PDF file*

Nice tut!! I can finally see it..

Now if only I can see your Avatar too :P :P

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

:Warning:Attention! Don't mixe up the :EllipseSelectTool: Ellipse Select-Tool and the :EllipseTool: Ellipse-Tool! If u take the :EllipseTool: Ellipse-Tool (!) u should be able to set the drawing mode to :ShapeInterior: Draw Filled Shape. (Take a look -> click )

Yep you caught me I didnt know the difference now i do thanks ,now back to the drawing board. :shock:

@ Nicke professedly, it's not the easiest tut, eventhough i tried to reproduce what i did very detailed. Just keep on tryin'! ;)

Besides...i guess their are a lot of users, which are bored from simple text-tuts etc, just because they have pdn quite a long time and are very high skilled =D (nothin' against simpel text tuts ;P ) so a little more challenging tutorial doesn't hurt, don't you think?! =)

@ diva42 yeah...keep it up! =D

ps. latest work:

pdn992.png

x)

x1.gifx3.gifx2.gif

y1.gify3.gify2.gif

Did part of it right got lost at the last circle you make an elipse though and the gradient before that didnt work so well for me its hard to get it by the numbers you need for me it is anyway here it is youll see

finishUforUnow2crop.gif[br]

2k1Mai1.gif

This is a great tutorial, but i think i have the same problem as diva42. On step 8.6 when i use the gradient tool, every time it ends up being black in the middle and transparent on the outside. I've tried changing the primary/secondary colors around but i still can't get it to work... any suggestions?

sig1_hid-1.png

Bob is hiding.....

8.6) On "Layer 4.2", take the Gradient-Tool on Radial and Transparency Mode. Draw the gradient from 400,400 to 0,400.

That's why switching the primary/secondary colors doesn't fix that.

In response to Diva42 and Desktop_Bob, I couldn't understand how to fix that, either. If you just go on with the tut, it should be alright. I just added more transparency, though it does bug me.

chesssig4.png

Ouh! I'm awfully sorry Desktop_Bob, diva42 and stefTACULAR! I forgot to mention that u have to use the right mouse button in Step 8.6!

Of course, switching the Primary and Secondary Color don't make any difference in the Transparency Mode...so u have to use the right mouse button for the gradient...sry again.

added in the tut...thx

x1.gifx3.gifx2.gif

y1.gify3.gify2.gif

@snospmiS: No prob, I knew there had to be a way to invert the gradient without switching the primary colors. You learn something new everyday, thanks a bunch!

@Ash: Thanks! Although, in reality you wouldn't be able to see the top of the ball in the reflection since, well, it is a ball. Secondly, I do know that it is highly unrealistic to see the front of the ball in the back reflection... but otherwise it's pretty neat. Thanks again, though!

chesssig4.png

Ouh! I'm awfully sorry Desktop_Bob, diva42 and stefTACULAR! I forgot to mention that u have to use the right mouse button in Step 8.6!

Of course, switching the Primary and Secondary Color don't make any difference in the Transparency Mode...so u have to use the right mouse button for the gradient...sry again.

ah! thanks! looks much better now :D

here it is kiosk_orb_BobReflect.png

sig1_hid-1.png

Bob is hiding.....

I'll try! ;)

In Step 8.1 u have the colored circle on "Layer 2" and u have the metallic circlet on "Layer 3". Now u should erase the middle part of "Layer 2" in such a way that the edges of the circlet on "Layer 3" aren't surrounded by the colored circle anymore...hmm... difficult of explanation. :?

30.png

x1.gifx3.gifx2.gif

y1.gify3.gify2.gif