S3D#1:Different image on each sides of a cube.(EASY)

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

I used your layout for the cube to create this...I appreciate the tutorial. Also used the "realistic chrome text" tut, the "diamondplate metal texture" tut, and a combination of a few of the wood texture tuts, not to mention some blending techniques, etc. :) . Thanks.

scawalls1800x600.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to these forums and I am new to PDN so... I put on the gridmaker plugin and added it into the effects folder then exited paint.Net but when i try to find it i can't so do you know where it is?? I mean is it under effects or layers or what?

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

Hi I am new to these forums and I am new to PDN so... I put on the gridmaker plugin and added it into the effects folder then exited paint.Net but when i try to find it i can't so do you know where it is?? I mean is it under effects or layers or what?

You need to close Paint.net. Unzip gridmaker (if it is zipped) . Either you unzip it and point it to extract to C:>program files>Paint.net>effects.

Or you unzip it and drag it out on your desktop and then open my computer>C:>program files>Paint.net>effects and drag the .dll into the effects folder

Then reopen paint.net and you should see it under the effects tab.

If you still don't understand, please read on.

Now on a new layer I have made 6 squares with different colors and the edges are not touching. With Transparency - Alpha at 128, and with text labled cut out.

Just like the image below, the black background is on another layer.

ab61a2fb.jpg

Please help! I dont know how to do this step. Thank you!

The "rubiks cube" some pages above inspired me and I tried one myself

Tadaaa ...

kube3D.png

Thanks for the tut. And thanks for shape3d. :D

Yes I know ... there are some "flaws" but it was the best I could come up with.

Maybe I'll try better some other day.

Keep on painting,

Mondspeer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not bad :)

Remember to use....

Use the Anti-Alias option in the Shape3D plugin.

Put a check mark on it, Set to level 3 ~ 4 would be enough.

This will make your "3d" object look much much better!

Use this option for the last step as selecting it will make rendering much slower

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I am very new to this forum and very new to paint.net and havn't used other imaging software, so I was pretty pleased with my result (although it could do with a bit more work) I tried to up load it but the file is to big, will have to figure out how to make it smaller first thank you so much for this tutorial I will get lots of use out of it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay..i'm too lazy to read all the reply whether this question have been asked or not..

but..i wanna know how do you guys make each face transparent?

i just can't find way to it..i'm blurrr

thanks anyway..still getting there..