Animated Rain Tutorial

@skyman: you probably would have wanted to keep the rain black for that image. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

It took awhile to get the effect I like but I FINALLY GOT SNOW!! Sorry for shouting, but being new at this I am thrilled!! Plus with my problems with the 3-D plugin I was gettin discouraged. So here's the photo:

As your fellow noob at paint.net I say: bravo! clapping hands (...backstage noise) (I am still struggling to get a decent snow effect but "slow and steady wins the race" and "Rome wasn't built in a day" :wink: )

It took awhile to get the effect I like but I FINALLY GOT SNOW!! Sorry for shouting, but being new at this I am thrilled!! Plus with my problems with the 3-D plugin I was gettin discouraged. So here's the photo:

As your fellow noob at paint.net I say: bravo! clapping hands (...backstage noise) (I am still struggling to get a decent snow effect but "slow and steady wins the race" and "Rome wasn't built in a day" :wink: )

Thank You ( much bowing). I followed the tut, topezia and David's advice:

Topezia:

It was not a panelling effect, I followed the tutorial in the first part, then as far as what I wanted to try was to reach a "snow like" effect I added the following effects:

1 - stars: probability 9054 intensity 89865 saturation 0 (primary color: white ,secondary: black)

2 - symmetric nearest blur: with radius set at 1

3 - motion blur: angle - 76,61 distance 2

David:

You'll want to skip the motion blur step. Instead, hit Ctrl+Shift+Z and zoom in quite a bit, until the noise is moderately large.

Also, skip the Curves step. Instead, go into Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and make the noise white.

The last step, from David, is crucial. You really got to play with it. Oh, I almost forgot, I also played with topezia's star recomendation.

If I have learned anything with paint.net and people's tutorials its after you follow their directions then experiment, experiment--you will really learn what the program is capable of that way. Oh and ask questions, (took me awhile to be brave enough and I still post wrong sometimes) there is always someone else new out there who is wondering the same thing.

OMG! Sorry Topezia :oops: , don't know why I referred to you in third person!! No excuse, cept I just got a pneumonia shot :( and I think it went to my head. I DID know it was you who posted :D !!

:wink: :lol: I hope everything is all right! (mean with your health) and nice sig too :wink:

Ciao

So more experienced 8) guys, now that I can make snow and rain, I have a question: Can I put other layers on this and still have it snowing? My daughter wants to use this for her siggy (I don't know why :?: ) but of course wants me to put some Christmas images on the top. Is this possible?

:shock: whoa!

now that's how you make snow.

i'll give you some props. :wink:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

So more experienced 8) guys, now that I can make snow and rain, I have a question: Can I put other layers on this and still have it snowing? My daughter wants to use this for her siggy (I don't know why :?: ) but of course wants me to put some Christmas images on the top. Is this possible?

Yes it is possible.

If you have the three layers before you make them separate here is what you do:

1. add a new transparent layer.

2. add the image on the position you want it on your layer. duplicate the layer twice.

3. put each of the three new layers so that there are one of them on top of each snow layer.

example:

christmas image layer

snow layer

christmas image layer

snow layer

christmas image layer

snow layer

4. merge each christmas image layer into the snow layer under it.

5. now just make each layer an image themselves and save them as GIFs.

just use UnFreez after that.

@TopHATslash: I'll put Alvin back in at another time. I'm sticking with my holiday sig and avatar for now. I'll then use my new years sig and avatar after christmas and then a new sig and avatar I made after new years. I'll go back to the alvin sig and avatar after that. I also have my normal sig and avatar.

i like this tutorial. it reminds me of those pictures you can buy where the water seems to be real. only one difference. this is awesome, and the pictures are tacky.

prototypelambdasig2.png

the lambda symbol is the scientific symbol of all things decaying over a rapid period of time. Or in a different subject, the photographers term of an object moveing so fast it blurs the picture puposefully.

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

my myspace... it has more photos then DA

Yes it is possible.

Thanks 8) , I'm going to give this a try in a more calmer moment and show y'all what I get!! :D

Great! I look forward to seeing the results.

Also: anyone think this topic should be set to sticky?

I might try out the snow animation later to see if I could pull it off.

Also: anyone think this topic should be set to sticky?

If you update the animated rain tutorial to (for instance) animated rain/snow tutorial, that should be sticky by itself! :wink:

I would, but I really haven't gotten the snow effect to a good enough level to put it in the topic.

Yes it is possible.

Thanks 8) , I'm going to give this a try in a more calmer moment and show y'all what I get!! :D

Ok, I was able to keep the snow when I added just images 8) :

usn.gif

But when I tried to add text or borders, (no new layers), the snow stopped :( ?

rrr.gif

How'd I screw up :? , anyone???

Thats a weird sig. Thanks for the comment on my sig.

Are you talking about mine or the one I am working on? Remember I am pretty new, so my background came from doing some tutorial and then experimenting. I can't do all the cool fancy things you guys do--yet. :lol: The one I am working on is for the daughter who asked me if I could do it. That's a guy from Il Divo who loves harleys.

I would, but I really haven't gotten the snow effect to a good enough level to put it in the topic.

I am sure you will get it soon, and from there on wait for me posting you questions over questions on how you did this and how you did that? :lol: :wink: