How to merge one image into another

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Hi everyone

Hope all is good.

Seeing as there are so many talented people on this Forum using Paint.Net, I am hoping someone can advise me how to merge one image into another.

Basically I am trying to merge for example Elon Musks face onto say a Potato, but so it looks convincing.

I have tried and it does not look realistic.

Any help would be very much appreciated, and I am sure it would be an excellent way to merge/morph other objects as well.

Kindest wishes to you all

Roger the Dodger😎

Mr Cillit Bang.jpg

Potato.jpg

• Haha 1

Open the potato image then open the Musk image. Copy Musk and paste into potato. You may have to expand the canvas when prompted.

In the layers window, put Musk on top. Using the eraser tool start removing everything except Musk's face. Start with a large size eraser and make it smaller as you get closer to his face. Feather a little using the eraser around his jaw line and hairline. You might have to zoom in a little.

Double click the Musk layer to open its properties window. You can experiment with different blending modes to achieve your result. Or just go simple and reduce the opacity until the edges you erased fade into the potato.

When its looking good you can resize the Musk layer to make his face fit the potato better. If you you want to go a step further in the effects menu, distort there is a Bulge effect. That will help bend and wrap his face to the potato :D:D:D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Disk4mat said:

Open the potato image then open the Musk image. Copy Musk and paste into potato. You may have to expand the canvas when prompted.

In the layers window, put Musk on top. Using the eraser tool start removing everything except Musk's face. Start with a large size eraser and make it smaller as you get closer to his face. Feather a little using the eraser around his jaw line and hairline. You might have to zoom in a little.

Double click the Musk layer to open its properties window. You can experiment with different blending modes to achieve your result. Or just go simple and reduce the opacity until the edges you erased fade into the potato.

When its looking good you can resize the Musk layer to make his face fit the potato better. If you you want to go a step further in the effects menu, distort there is a Bulge effect. That will help bend and wrap his face to the potato :D:D:D

Thanks Disk4mat I will try out your suggestion too looks very promising😊

• Like 1