Feature request: background color adjustment

I have difficulties to see where my mouse pointer is inside the paint.net window.

The black&white tool pointers blend to the image background a bit too well on my monitor. I can see the pointer if I know where to look at but too often I have to move the pointer outside of the image area to find it.

I have changed the pointer size from Windows mouse settings but it does not have desirable effect inside paint.net window. Only two tools respect the setting: "Move Selected Pixels" and "Move Selection".

So I'm asking a new feature to the settings that allows changing the image area background color. For example, on my screen #8E8E8E would be much better than the current #CFCFCF.

I know I can choose dark paint.net theme which solves this issue but I'd really like to use light color theme everywhere.

• Like 1

Your proposition does increase the contrast between cursors and background.
There is an option under Windows Settings > Mouse settings > Additional Mouse options > Pointer options to show cursor position when CTRL is pressed.
Although it is quite annoying (CTRL is used often inside paint.net), but maybe it is useful as an alternative.

spacer.png

Edited by Lemonade

• 3 weeks later...

Please allow the public to make these changes to Paint.net.  The cursor and pointer are very important while using this software. I too have this issue. I NEED TO USE DARK MODE BUT I CAN'T.  So I can't stay glued inside paint for hours on a image to get it done. I do a little bit and leave. I am willing to bet if you start catering even just a little bit to the sight impaired you will get a high five even from CNET. and this is one change that will help a lot of people.   Let us choose red yellow green or white. Plus choose the width of that cursor.  This would be a great deal of help.

PLEASE! and Thank You!

• Like 1