Global selection icon should be changed back to blue

Having the icon be changed to a sparkle is fine i guess but the important part is the colour difference, as someone with sight problems i hate that i have to squint if i have the right one selected now. I was thinking of going and giving the feedback when it was first changed but I'm only just now getting to it gjhgfs

Shape of the icon is fine and pretty subjective of a difference, but having it be the exact same colour is an objective downgrade from how it was on a readability standpoint. Would really appreciate if it was fixed and it's probably not much of a hassle to do so (I mean I'm not the most knowledgable but it doesn't seem like it should or would be)

2 hours ago, Floppo said:

Having the icon be changed to a sparkle is fine i guess but the important part is the colour difference...

Shape of the icon is fine and pretty subjective of a difference, but having it be the exact same colour is an objective downgrade from how it was on a readability standpoint.

It's not at all clear which 'Global Selection' icon you are referring to.

Is this request really about paint.net or are you mixing it up with another application?

If paint.net, then which previous version of the application are you referring to in which the icon was 'OK'?

5 minutes ago, Disk4mat said:

Do you mean in the Edit menu, "Select All"?

That can't be it. The OP refers to the "icon being changed to a sparkle". It's not clear what this means but the Edit menu "Select All icon is not that.

The OP says "as someone with sight problems i hate that i have to squint if i have the right one selected now". If they are talking about paint.net, then I guess they mean the different Select icons in the Tools window. But even that doesn't make much sense since the chosen tool's icon is repeated in the Tool Bar and in the Status Bar.

The "Deselect" with the red dot stands out nicely.

It's a red cross.