How to do wrap text

Go to solution Solved by Lemonade,

Hello @Murzik16 and welcome to the forum :) 

To begin with, we do have a good Search on the forum:  https://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Just type in wrap text and you will see how others have managed to do this, and which plugins they've used.

Here is just one that pops up:  https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110850-plugin-to-wrap-text-around-curved-surface/

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

9 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hello @Murzik16 and welcome to the forum :) 

To begin with, we do have a good Search on the forum:  https://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Just type in wrap text and you will see how others have managed to do this, and which plugins they've used.

Here is just one that pops up:  https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110850-plugin-to-wrap-text-around-curved-surface/

Hi Pixey I still haven't found a plugin for wrap text like on image.

I looked through all the pages and found nothing.

• Solution

Hey @Murzik16, here is an example without using plugins, although it is time consuming.

- Open a picture with object you want to wrap text around
- On a new layer, create a curve following the edge of the object, set low transparency, so it is barely visible
- Add another layer, type your text (word or sentence) and duplicate few times (4 words 4 layers, 6 words 6 layers, every word is a separate layer)
- Position separated words (eyeball it) and rotate slightly to follow the curve
- Now, select every letter with lasso tool + move selected pixels tool and fine tune, so they are precisely following the curve

spacer.png

Edited by Lemonade
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Murzik16 said:

Hi Pixey I still haven't found a plugin for wrap text like on image.

I looked through all the pages and found nothing.

I guess you missed this:  

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Lemonade I like your method because it can be done OOTB. Your instructions are clear but I do want to confirm something. While watching the animation, looking at the word 'wrap', it seems like WR are rotated clockwise and AP are rotated counter clockwise. Is there you used the Lasso tool to adjust each letter? Love your method.

49 minutes ago, Disk4mat said:

@Lemonade I like your method because it can be done OOTB. Your instructions are clear but I do want to confirm something. While watching the animation, looking at the word 'wrap', it seems like WR are rotated clockwise and AP are rotated counter clockwise. Is there you used the Lasso tool to adjust each letter? Love your method.

Hey @Disk4mat, thanks!
Yes, as you said, every letter is selected with Lasso tool and then with Move pixels tool rotated in a way so the bottom of the letters (baseline) follow the red curve as a guide (clockwise and counter clockwise). In this case, WR andAP are rotated clockwise and counter clockwise.

Also, there is one part in the description missing (maybe it is obvious as is):
When duplicating text layer, one should delete or extract words with Rectangle or Lasso select tool, for example:
Layer 1: "Wrap text around"
Duplicate layer 1: delete "text around" keep "Wrap"
Duplicate layer 1: delete "Wrap" and "around" keep "text"
Duplicate layer 1: delete "Wrap text" keep "around"
So every word is one layer.

• Upvote 1

Im really digging this... Just for the fun of it I tried speeding thru it. 2 layers, a single selection. Move text, Alt key with Lasso to deselect letter, move rotate remainder of word, Alt key with Lasso to deselect next letter, move remainder of word etc... Its far from polished and you need to be good with the lasso. Your method has way more precision and a better result.

@CircleBox Nice find!! Im sure many people will appreciate the file as well.

Edited by Disk4mat
  • Upvote 1