Make a "Wave" with Paint.NET

Europe

I def. skipped over this tutorial, and I'm so mad I did. I've been wanting to do this for so long, and could not figure out how. THANK YOU!

messin2.png

How did you get the multiple colors? I have tryed paying around with the curves but only make things varients of one color or another. Sometimes the colors get really harsh. Apparently I don't understand the curves attribute yet, but anyway this is one of my favorites so far.

lavendarwaves.png

I would much rather get a soft multi colored one. A little less pink/lavendar maybe a little yellow, lt green, more blue. I don' t even know what I did to get the blue..... didn't notice it until it was in photobucket.

thanks for looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

How did you get the multiple colors? I have tryed paying around with the curves but only make things varients of one color or another. Sometimes the colors get really harsh. Apparently I don't understand the curves attribute yet, but anyway this is one of my favorites so far.

By using multiple layers. Use curves on the different layers before you flatten the image. I used four different layers to get those colors.

chesssig4.png

It's quite simple, actually. Right before you merge the two layers together (before step 10) add some noise (:AddNoise: EFFECTS > ADD NOISE) to one of the layers. I used Intensity of around 50 to 60 and Color Saturation at 0, but you can play around with it to get the effect you're looking for exactly. Let me see when you're done!

chesssig4.png

Very nice tut.

Simple... yet cool

and another fun addition is to, before flattening, play the the curves of each layer separately. This is just one of the millions of possibilities. :D

67rdfev.png

I got that instead of something boring (not really, but in comparison) like this

6731xq9.png

63ljr03.png

Wow, this is awesome! And so easy, too!

followed the tutorial straight up, but stole the idea to use a relief from an early post.

I love the Relief effect on these, it really makes them pop out!

Vortex01small.png

Simply used the Edge Detect and relief on this one, I think it looks amazing. (Coloured it to red with the curves first).

Vortex02small.png

On this on I set a negative twist on the duplicate layer, and used the relief effect again.

Vortex03small.png

signature.png