Let's Make a Software Box

BuzzKill

Yeah, freaky...

I think it was something in my post. I took out the quote and now it looks fine...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Yeah, the quote had some random numbers it.

Joost, nice results!

barkbark00, are you still planning to post up an extended version on how to do the tops?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

barkbark00, are you still planning to post up an extended version on how to do the tops?
workin' on it now... unless you just want to add it to your main post?

Nah, just post an aside. :wink:

EDIT: Or, just do that: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3423 :)

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Now, let's insert the Side of our box. Goto Layers > Import From File... and open the flattened Side image. Position it to where the right side edge is butted up against the left side edge of the other image.

butted_edges.png

... ESRB rated E for Everyone? :?

Great tutorial.

Should I have rather used the M for Mature one instead?

It's just something that came to mind when I was thinking of some little icons I could use to fill in the bottom. That's all. :wink:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

runescapeboxjf6.png

Great tutorial!

Awsome result :lol:

EDIT: Something went wrong with this post, see the grey field to the left of this :shock:

EDIT2: Appearantly something in barkbark's post caused it, he got that away now :D

The esrb reting should be T for TEEN

omExTE6.png

The esrb reting should be T for TEEN

Oops :?

I just copied all those cool little images from the Paint.Net thing that was posted in the topic, to fill up the bottom.

Ahh well :lol:

I cant get the .pdn's from the top of tha page. Can someone send them to me or tell me the dimensions please! (It comes up page cannot be displayed)

Button_1.png

InvisionFree Admins (Administrator)

I cant get the .pdn's from the top of tha page. Can someone send them to me or tell me the dimensions please! (It comes up page cannot be displayed)

The links to the .pdn files seem to be working correctly. If you're still having problems downloading them, try the "Save Target As..." method.

If all else fails, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email them to you.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Thanks. For some reason, it worked then. I don't know what happened yesterday. I look foreward to makeing my software box, and will post it later.

Button_1.png

InvisionFree Admins (Administrator)

For some reason I just had to do this. Behold, the Rated E for EDIOTS series!!!

Edited by Rick: Those pictures take up more space than my mp3 collection. Please post smaller images.

Now this is DEFINITELY NOT my best work. I just had to do it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Superb tutorial, I've been using this method to create the click-link images on my site for a while. Now I've figured out how to create the 3d software box my site will look even better, nice one Buzzkill, thanks.

My new software boxes will look like this:

MIAMI-InterfaceBox.gif

Of course, the download click-link images will take a time to update as I must now create new images for all the Interfaces, it'll be worth it, nice one mate!

In A World Of Darkness, Try To Be A Ray Of Light!

And it should have the Visa logo instead of XP.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb