New & Improved 3D Text/Logo Tutorial!

jake2k

ARGH!! I can't make mine nearly as perfect as yours. It's not quite so rounded, and I always mess up on the glare.

Jed3d.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first and second try at this tut. Very cool effect ! I guess I need to work through it a few times and play around with the angles and the hi-lites a little cause mine looks a little goofy compared to some of the ones on here. Wow you guys are really really good. Thanks for a great tut and a very cool effect. Oh, and the alpha mask is essential to get the sharpness needed for it to look realistic. Man what a useful tool !

My first one, pretty bad, but hey I'm tryin', but it looks more like gummy worms. :lol:

3DPossum1.png

This is my second try, I think it's a lot better, but still not what I want it to look like. It does look more like a hard plastic though. :D

3DPossum2_sm.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 3 weeks later...

I like this tut :D I am going to try it latez :3

“Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.”

n4e92d.png

~Click on my siggy to see my deviantART~

-Haiku I made-

A gray sleek creature

Jumping from water to air

Barly touching sea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys im kind stuck im lost at the bit where u add the colour what layer am i ment to invert iv inverted a few but when i do and open curves and move the rbg it dont change what have i done wrong o poo i realy need to nail this 2 grr i hate me and my stupid brain (jumps off bridge)

hey guys im kind stuck im lost at the bit where u add the colour what layer am i ment to invert iv inverted a few but when i do and open curves and move the rbg it dont change what have i done wrong o poo i realy need to nail this 2 grr i hate me and my stupid brain (jumps off bridge)

Could you go back through the steps and find the one where you get off track? Maybe someone can help you if they know exactly what step it is where you get off track.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

wher do i find this tool :oops:

[#11] Adjust the transparency of your glare and maybe mess around with your gradient tool in transparency mode.

[#11] Adjust the transparency of your glare and maybe mess around with your gradient tool in transparency mode.

To do this, press F4, or go to the Layers > Layer Properties. From there, you should be able to change the Opacity of the layer ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

To do this, press F4, or go to the Layers > Layer Properties. From there, you should be able to change the Opacity of the layer ;)

Edited by Gamer_World14

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I might have overlooked the question having been already asked once somewhere here, but what font are you using, jake2k?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do like the checkered background... I don't know what you did differently, but I couldn't get the outline to match as shown in the tutorial. I had to mess with the rotate and zoom to get the outline to match the edges. Still not perfect, but close.

31179_b50487958143e8e19c6616a4792cf3f8

• 2 weeks later...

I am understand everything,but i don't understand chapter about making "glare",part with line tools and magic wand?

I realy will be grateful if someone can explain to me how can i making that glare? :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried but for some reason, the white layer to make it look 3D was all scratchy looking.

30xheyu.jpg

Re-did the colors for the Israel flag. Not as good dents as the bottom one... I just started this yesterday.

256xp9t.jpg

Dents with blur

2eqf6kj.jpg

33vywhs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...