New & Improved 3D Text/Logo Tutorial!

jake2k

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I'm happy that this one is understandable haha

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Wow. Like the original, but with added crunchiness! The technique is awesome.

Most certainly something to try the first chance that I get!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

The small details are the best, like the little shines, and also how the object becomes more out of focus the further away it is. Subtle, but adds to the overall result greatly.

I don't usually pop into the Tutorials section unless I'm e-mailed about a reply to my own tutorials, but yours was the first I stepped on whilst in here, and it's making want to visit more often.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Roll/Rotate Orb" is included in the Rotate/Zoom function under the Layers menu. (Layers > Rotate/Zoom)

Alternatively, you could press Ctrl + Shift + Z to bring up the dialog.

Hope this helps.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

First Attempt

th_Letter.png

Second Attempt ( thanks for the great help Expiration!)

th_b.png

Other Attempt

th_S.png

Best personal work Ever Made On Pdn

th_bS.png

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

Great results everyone! I'm happy people can understand this one haha

@Bugster: I'm sooo sorry, I forgot to pm you back :oops: . At least Expiration was able to help you out and your outcome is really nice btw ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Great results everyone! I'm happy people can understand this one haha

@Bugster: I'm sooo sorry, I forgot to pm you back :oops: . At least Expiration was able to help you out and your outcome is really nice btw ;)

No Problem , Expiration helped me a lot with his tips and tricks, thanks you say for the great outcome, i love it aswel

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I'm new to PDN, but i did quite well till the feather blurring, becuase i seem only to have feather which gives an totally different effect and not even a nice one :(

Can someone help me out?

I'm new to PDN, but i did quite well till the feather blurring, becuase i seem only to have feather which gives an totally different effect and not even a nice one :(

Can someone help me out?

Sure. Instead of using feather blur, you should refer to barkbark00's realistic chrome text tutorial by clicking here and look for the mention of "alpha mask". Use the apha mask technique for cleaner lines, as Jake2K said. Show us your work when your done with it.

oops. Corrected link above.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

I like the backdrop it's on-looks like polished metal, especially like the dots. That would make a neat tabletop!

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Nice! where did you get that font?

my attempt:

extrudedzizoiz.jpg

Heh. I just realised how hard it is to see the (I guess you would call it an extrusion) against that background.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...