OotF#108 - Table Lamp.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. You may vote for 3 entries.

• ohHldjy.png
    • Final-Lamp-1.png
    • BLUE-lamp.png
    • QZFoxz.png

This poll is closed to new votes

The Poll is now open for the Table Lamp Competition until Saturday 6th May, 2023

up to 2 PM E.S.T. and 7 PM U.K. time.

Thank you for your great entries :) 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Pixey changed the title to OotF#108 - Table Lamp - Winners.

And the winners are:

In 1st Place is @Pixey with 6 votes 🥇

In 2nd Place is @Pixey with 5 votes 🥈

In 3rd Place are @Disk4mat and @Manc with 4 votes 🥉

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the votes.  Great entries from the participants 🥳

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Congrats to @Pixey, @Disk4mat and @Manc for your wins!  The lamps were great.

Sorry, I missed this one, and thanks Pixey for hosting.  🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great work,  @Pixey, @Disk4mat, and @Manc! All were excellent, but Pixey's rendering of the glass base was extra excellent! Not to mention the way the bulb shining through the shade was depicted so well. I really liked that theme, and as tiresome as I get in saying it, I'm very sorry for not participating.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your kind words @MJW and @Disk4mat.  I used @MJW's amazing Height Maps to make the lamps.  His plugins are wonderful, and I only wish I understood them more, as sometimes my little grey cells get stretched to the limit using them 😁

• Like 3

30b8T8B.gif

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

I used @MJW's amazing Height Maps to make the lamps

I would have used the same had I participated!  @MJW's height map plugins are awesome for this purpose.  😊

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Disk4mat said:

Well that answers a question I had... I thought we were only allowed to use the drop shadow effect :D 

Yes, for a shadow, but for an entry any Plugins that are allowed and @MJW has a few great Height Maps that can be used to create images.

*   Your entry must be 100% made using Paint.net. Don't use another image editor. Don't use stock images/photos/textures (in full or parts thereof.)

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

2 hours ago, Djisves said:

Now I read it was meant to be glass, I still see rice paper 😁

Thank you @Djisves - the shade wasn't supposed to look like glass 😹 and I agree, it does look like rice paper.  I think I used Noise > Grain on a blue background.

30b8T8B.gif

On 5/12/2023 at 11:56 PM, Disk4mat said:

@MJW is time to throw your hat in the ring!

My hat's been in the OOTF ring many times; though unfortunately, not often recently.

Many thanks to those who made such flattering comments about my height map plugins. Like entering the OOTF contests, writing plugins is something I'd like to return to once more.

@Djisves, I don't think anyone thought the shade of Pixey's lamp was glass. It's the base that I and I believe everyone else praised for its impressive representation of glass. I assumed the shade was whatever that stiff translucent stuff is that lampshades are made of.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:59 AM, Disk4mat said:

Well that answers a question I had... I thought we were only allowed to use the drop shadow effect :D

I think the misunderstanding arose because the rule for OOTF is that the entry can only be the object, not also auxiliary objects. For instance, if the theme is a glass vase, unless the rules for the theme specifically allow it, the vase can't contain flowers. A semi-exception is that reflections of the object are always allowed, and also the shadow cast by the object -- and that's where the reference to drop shadow effect comes in.

• Like 1