Suggestion: A way to toggle Line Centring

I've been having a bit of trouble adapting to the recent addition of the Line Centring tool. My reason for this is due to me having gotten into the habit of holding down Ctrl while drawing lines as I like the utility of being able to zoom in and out while dragging a line. While I do certainly see the utility in the new mechanic, it would be nice to have the ability to turn it on or off based on personal preferences. 

Edited by MrVideoGame
Updated the title to better describe the topic

17 hours ago, MrVideoGame said:

My reason for this is due to me having gotten into the habit of holding down Ctrl while drawing lines as I like the utility of being able to zoom in and out while dragging a line.

Agreed.

I also used to zoom in and out while drawing a line to ensure I have precise placement of the start and end points.

• Like 1

• MrVideoGame changed the title to Suggestion: A way to toggle Line Centring

I also agree. As user who constantly uses the zoom in/out tool, and geometric objects, sometimes the “draw from the center” feature kind of messes with me. Often I would use the Control key to draw stuff from the center when I’m working on something that doesn’t involve zooming in or out.

By the way, can we make this a thing in the toolbar on the top of the screen (like with the other features such as length, blending, and antialiasing)? That would be convenient, as some people would often switch around with the tools (like me)

• Like 1

PDN Forums Signature 2.png