Where can I download 5.0.1 version?

I would need to find the 5.0.1 version of paint.net, because I need the Ctrl + G shortcut to work for counter-clockwise rotation of images. I use it every day and now when it got updated to a newer version, it is not possible anymore. Do anyone have the older 5.0.1 version available for download?

@markot I'm afraid we can't give you any older versions of paint.net.

It must be difficult to get used to a new way, but it's the only way to go really.

This is what @Rick Brewster had to say about this decision on that particular shortcut:

"I’m trying to free up some keyboard shortcuts for other purposes, and having 3 of them for the Rotate commands was deemed a bit too much real estate for one feature.

You can press Ctrl+H twice to execute Rotate 90° twice to achieve the same as doing Rotate 180° once, or 3 times for Rotate 90° Counter-clockwise. You can also press Alt+I and then 1 for Rotate 180° (the “accelerators” show up as underlined characters if you tap Alt and then navigate the menus with the keyboard)."

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

BTW, if you need to rotate a lot of images, Windows Explorer has this sort of thing built-in. You can select a whole bunch of images and rotate them all at once.

This screenshot is from Windows 11. You can also do this in Windows 10 but it's in a slightly different location.

image.png

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thanks for replies.

What I use paint.net for, is that I often take screenshots of different programs and often need to rotate or modify them quickly. And paint.net has been best for that purpose.

Would it be possible in some newer version of paint.net to allow customization of keyboard shortcuts? It would solve this problem also. Just a suggestion.

6 hours ago, markot said:

I need the Ctrl + G shortcut to work for counter-clockwise rotation of images.

How about these?

image.png.6e14ae08247c454c2fd6b3338b689e