Thinning the lines in a Line Drawing

So, short question on line drawings.  I need a way to "thin" the lines on line drawings.

I am working on a project where I have been drawing purely-binary lines (one-color black, one-color blue, etc).  When I started the project, I started a line-width that was too wide (e.g. 10 pixels).  As I have moved forward, I have realized that all my lines should be no more than two pixels in width, for a variety of reasons.  I do NOT want to spend several days re-drawing all those lines.

Is an easier way to do this?  If the lines were not binary, I have some success doing a MagicWand selection of the line and then altering the Tolerance of the selection.  This does a "decent" job of narrowing lines by discarding the "fuzzy" edges.  But it does not produce a uniform width.

To be clear, I cannot just select the drawing and resize it.  The total dimensions of the entire image (call it 1000x2000) must remain the same.  It is just the width of the lines WITHIN the image that I need to change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

AA's Assistant

and not overlooking @BoltBait's excellent Feather (Object/Selection/Old)

@HankP  Both above replies are the answer provided your 'lines' are on a separate transparent layer.

@HankP Although it is clear what you want to do, could you post a representative region of your image please, plus a reduced size copy of your entire image, so that people can give you advice on how best to go about it?

Does your image have separate layers, or is it a single composite image?

19 hours ago, HankP said:

So, short question on line drawings.  I need a way to "thin" the lines on line drawings.

I am working on a project where I have been drawing purely-binary lines (one-color black, one-color blue, etc).  When I started the project, I started a line-width that was too wide (e.g. 10 pixels).  As I have moved forward, I have realized that all my lines should be no more than two pixels in width, for a variety of reasons.  I do NOT want to spend several days re-drawing all those lines.

Is an easier way to do this?  If the lines were not binary, I have some success doing a MagicWand selection of the line and then altering the Tolerance of the selection.  This does a "decent" job of narrowing lines by discarding the "fuzzy" edges.  But it does not produce a uniform width.

To be clear, I cannot just select the drawing and resize it.  The total dimensions of the entire image (call it 1000x2000) must remain the same.  It is just the width of the lines WITHIN the image that I need to change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Another option is to change from antialiasing to aliased line on the toolbar.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/Toolbar.html