Black background

nsbolinger

Is there I way I can make the background all black if I took a protrait type picture? I am going for the effect of a black and white portrait shot but I want the background pitch black.

Thanks.

nsbolinger: Look at this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26967

After completing that tutorial, create a new layer, place the new layer underneath the layer containing the cut out image. Hit "Ctrl" and "A" simultaneously on your keyboard. Change the primary colour to black in the colour window. Hit the "Backspace" key on your keyboard.

@Myrddin - I think he is trying to cut out the subject of a photograph and place it in front of a black background, not fill the canvas with black.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Thanks, but how do you cut out the image? I should probably know that but I don't.

Thanks,

Nicole

By the way, I am a She! ;) J/K

nsbolinger: Look at this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26967

After completing that tutorial, create a new layer, place the new layer underneath the layer containing the cut out image. Hit "Ctrl" and "A" simultaneously on your keyboard. Change the primary colour to black in the colour window. Hit the "Backspace" key on your keyboard.

@Myrddin - I think he is trying to cut out the subject of a photograph and place it in front of a black background, not fill the canvas with black.