How to make gaussian blur apply also on the outer edge of selection, 2 layers of images

I have two layers with one smaller image on top of the other, to make the top image blend with lower image i used gaussian blur but the outer edges didn't blur with the bottom layered image, only the inside of what was selected was blurred which defeats the purpose to some degree because whenever i create a blur a new rough edge is created. How can i make both what is inside selection and also the outer edges of the selection blurred with lower bottom image? Maybe it already does blur the outer edges, i just have to apply less strong gaussian blur?

Edited by frer8833

4 hours ago, frer8833 said:

I have two layers with one smaller image on top of the other, to make the top image blend with lower image

First, I would recommend installing my plugin pack, found here: https://forums.getpaint.net/BoltBaitPluginPack

I think the function you're looking for is called Feather.  After installing my plugin pack...

1) Select the top layer with the smaller graphic on it.

2) Press Ctrl+D to remove any active selection you might have

3) Run Effects > Object > Feather (Adjust to taste)