The Ultimate Guide to Tags *Text Design by Yipp 8/24*

TopHATslash

When choosing you flow, be sure to decide on a good point of view. If the focal is looking to the top right, then you should choose the effects to mainly flow top right. Usually, bad flow and be fixed by rotating.

Typo. I believe it should be "bad flow can be fixed by rotating."

Thanks! I didn't even catch that. :P

tHs, great "guide" so to speak, very effective, has taught me a lot, shall post a sig when i get the time to make one. i especially like the "frosted glass" effect.

Thanks for the comments. If you have any suggestions please PM me. =]

tHs, great "guide" so to speak, very effective, has taught me a lot, shall post a sig when i get the time to make one. i especially like the "frosted glass" effect.

Thanks for the comments. If you have any suggestions please PM me. =]

will do, ill play around with things and see what i get! if i do find anything, best way to pm it to you would be?

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Clipping masks:

Add a new layer in your tag and fill it in with white. if you're going to use brushing for your masks, brush on this layer in black. Copy-paste it into a new file of the same size and save it as mask.png.

Go back to your tag canvas and flatten it. Select and copy it, Then press CTRL+Z twice. Go to the top layer of your tag that isn't lighting, text, or a border. Run Alpha Mask. Load mask.png, and check mix alpha. Repeat that for every layer of the kind. Paste your old flattened image on a new bottom layer. Move it around. Clipping masks for y'awl. I know, it involves cutting apart your sig. But that's what it'll probably be until 4.xx.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

How do I find the flow if the render's looking forwards? Not towards an angle or anything, its looking directly at you?

• 1 year later...

Anyone have a copy of this tutorial with the images?  I'd really like to restore them!