Popping out of a picture.

I'm having trouble with this part...

Move this layer above the black box layer. Then select the black box layer and use the magic wand to select the box. You can then use the "move selection" tool to elongate the box so that it creates a white frame around the picture.

I selected the box and used the move selection tool to elongate, but when I deselect it doesn't leave a white box around the picture. Please guide me a little more on this.

ok so i am lost and i have been reading all these replies closely and i am not understanding... i get to the black box and then i get everything around it deleted so now i have three layers...ok... so now where do i get the forth layer from with the box with the pic in it that wasnt deleted. that way all together ihave four layers.... man i am so lost.... add yahoo to my name and you can PM me if you have time to help me step by step becuase i am so lost.... :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Select the black box and then select the second picture layer. Invert the selection and hit delete so all that remains is the picture that is in the shape of the box."

I really dont get how to do this ...

I select the black box layer then invert it then click the second picture layer and press deleate but them nothing happens...

Please tell me the solution as id love to be able to do this.

Saabo, I have an idea what connects wrong in your brain... :mrgreen:

First you work on the level where you have this black box ... then you select the box (meaning: you have the ants running around it).

Then you change to the other level and on that other level you hit delete. That should solve your problem!

Good luck, I'm looking forward to your result! ;)

I must not be new anymore since I did exactly as David Atwell suggested to use the filled rectangle with rotate/zoom to get the right angle on the box. As I have stated previously, I am not good at using the lasso tool which I am sure is very effective in some instances, so I used the Cutting out images tut. What took the longest, to me, was find the right picture for this. As I work on the tut more and more, I am sure I will find it easier to pick out fabulous pics to use. Here is my attempt and I am very proud of the results:

cheeetahuc4.th.png

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great tut. It's amazing how the results look.

Here's my try. These old shakey hands have a problem

getting the selection better. I tried Feather many, many times

but it didn't clean up the edges very good. Would Blur be better?

This is a Fish Out of Water......

MelFishOutofWater.jpg

ColumboPopOUT.jpg

Is it me --or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?