The Most Copied Sig On The Forum (AKA the pyrosig)

pyrochild

Ok, I'm up to this one now. Here is my homage to Pyro's fantastic tutorial.

Most copied sig? Why would someone want to copy anyone's sig?

I learned a lot form this tut which is very well written.

I like the way Pyro offers suggestions about coloring with Gradient map or Contour. Little reminders in a tut are very helpful with such a creative program as PDN.

The gradient Bars and layer Blending are a neat trick and I would say, the key aspect of this tut.

The two water reflections used was an interesting dilema for reality. I kept asking myself why wouldn't the text follow the same as the watery surface? Then also, there was the "shadow". Why wouldn't that have the watery ripples as well? So after playing around a lot, I got as close as I could with the three "rippled" elements. For the shadow I did actually use the "ripple" effect.

So, here's what I made. Thanks Pyro, looking forward to more tutorials from you.

FlameWtr.jpg

Also, not that it's important, but in mine you have to imagine a front light source for the shadow because of the back light source in the sky.

So, here's what I made. Thanks Pyro, looking forward to more tutorials from you.

I was pressured for probably around 3 or 4 months before I finally made this tutorial. They're not my thing; plugins are. So unless y'all really like something else I post or use as a sig later on, you probably won't get any tutorials from me. :P

Glad you like it though. :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Really good tut and very easy to follow.

Here's my first time that I finally finished it. Was gonna use it to put on a report of mine.

Hopefully soon I can start coming up with other creative variations. :P

14130_40b3d2b3da552c06eef72b35d8a60888

14130_7c0cce2419dbd2ded5a371a0bb8f1376

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.

So this was my very first time using PDN, so I didn't throw in any creativity and just followed pyro's tut to the best of my ability.

Here it is:

thepyrosighalf.png

Can somebody give any tips to improve it a bit?

SF3Blur.png

|The Pictorium.|

I have been having an artist's block lately! Please PM me ideas for me to try out!

Since you're still just beginning to learn Paint.NET, I'd suggest start by doing something simple. Add a border, for example. Or add a sun in the background. Start with small steps, then as you learn you'll find yourself being more and more ambitious.

Looks pretty darn good as it is, though. You are an excellent tutorial follower :D

xZYt6wl.png

Since you're still just beginning to learn Paint.NET, I'd suggest start by doing something simple. Add a border, for example. Or add a sun in the background. Start with small steps, then as you learn you'll find yourself being more and more ambitious.

Looks pretty darn good as it is, though. You are an excellent tutorial follower :D

Thanks.

But starting with small-steps will be difficult for me, I won't lie.

I'm one of those people who kind-a likes to jump the gun, so to speak. Especially with graphic design because I've always been so in love with it.

I'll mess around with this tut some more and see what I come up with.

EDIT: K, so...

I messed around with about 7 other plugins I got off of here and made the picture look amazing sweet, in my opinion. However, I wasn't paying attention to what I was saving it as and put "1.1" in the name, and now I can't open it. xD

SF3Blur.png

|The Pictorium.|

I have been having an artist's block lately! Please PM me ideas for me to try out!

Hi im new to paint.net and its great i just want to thank you for your tutorial it was clear and easy to follow i just wanted to show u how mine turned out and i tweeked it a bit and used it for my gaming clan web site so meany thanks again

2q8vz2d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I cut out the recolor part and used color when I started.

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to work with RGB primary colors, but not with anything that's a mix.

xZYt6wl.png

I'm really a newbie at this. >.> But the font wont work, I put it in the File Types, and neither will the gradient stuff, and the water reflection. I put them all in the effects. Did I do someting wrong? :S Help please.

TWEYWsig2.jpg

Fonts don't go in File Types. They go in C:\Windows\Fonts\ (or your equivalent fonts directory, depending on where Windows is installed)

As for the plugins, what version of Paint.NET are you using, and do you have the latest versions of the plugins?

xZYt6wl.png

pyrochild, I can't download the plugin package "Download from MediaFire"

which has 12 listed plugins. I get to the "download to my files", click on it,

and get a quick, flash message something about my user identity ...different browser

and I'm logged into Paint.net, then get the message.."Working, please wait".

It's only a 141.32 KB file size, I have Paint.net version 3.3, with high speed DSL

and waited some 15 minutes and still seems it's not downloaded. How long should

it take to download this ZIP file? Please help.

Is it me --or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

awesome dude :!: but i dont know how to get the gradient bars 100% "one-colored", in my result they are still a bit grey. thx for answers

a21d7b4967fbaf2e108df9e1d.jpg

ps: got the problem :) i didnt adjust the white color in gradient bars

how come when i download the evanescent font true type and extract it and put it in paint.net/filetypes i can't find it when i open up the program? :cry: i've tried restarting my computer but it's still not working. please help