The Most Copied Sig On The Forum (AKA the pyrosig)

pyrochild

The taper is created once you have carried out step 5 on a new layer and set the layer properties to color burn in step 6. This is an extremely well written tutorial and I can only suggest that you might have missed a step if your results do not replicate or come close to the end result.

V

It is a great tutorial but when it mentions after using the gradient bars that you have to play with the "seeding" what is the seeding? as a total newcomer to paintnet it's pretty confusing when you get terms

used and you don't know what it's referring too.

But it is a great tutorial i have to agree, this is the only bit and the taper that i'm struggling with.

Thanks for the reply Ventor happy new year to you.boltbait.smile.png

A seed is used in computer-generated random numbers. If you use the same seed value twice, you'll get the same sequence of "random" numbers. (And patterns generated by those numbers, like Gradient Bars, would appear the same).

I believe that "seeding" is now the Randomize button.

Why yes. Yes it is. :)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

A seed is used in computer-generated random numbers. If you use the same seed value twice, you'll get the same sequence of "random" numbers. (And patterns generated by those numbers, like Gradient Bars, would appear the same).

Why yes. Yes it is. boltbait.smile.png

Thanks guys i appreciate it.

Pyrochild, i love your sig, it's very cool.

Happy new year to you all.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the tutorial.

I wondered how those gradient bars sloped to the center but...

I never thought about the blending mode. :P

BTW: Your sig is awesome.

**First Post :D**

**First tut**

Edited by ShadowDonut
Rainy%20logo.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's mine. I wasn't going for originality.;) How do you get that great reflection of the text in the water? When I used the Water Reflection effect with the settings stated in the tut, I couldn't come close. I ended up lowering the opacity and using Rotate and Zoom to reposition the reflection. I noticed only a couple of posted images had water reflections that looked like the one in the tut.

th_pyrochildsig.png

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

I am trying to creat this sig and am having a problem with the scale part of it.  When i try to scale it to 150 it keeps going back to 10.  It only goes as  high as 10.  I am wondering if this is why mine wont make the V  in the middle.  It doesn't dip in the middle.  Where am i going wrong? 

WatRuLknAt?

You're having two separate issues here.

Scale:

I'm not sure what you are doing to scale the image, but you should be using "Resize" found in the Image menu (hotkey: ctrl+r).

The V in the middle:

Check steps 6 through 9. Make sure you have the right layer blend modes on their proper layers.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 9 months later...

Give new steps

3 is now confusing :P

Not much has changed since the tutorial was written. I don't understand how step 3 can "now" be confusing when it wasn't previously. Use the rectangle selection tool to select the top half of your image. How confusing can that be?

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Not much has changed since the tutorial was written. I don't understand how step 3 can "now" be confusing when it wasn't previously. Use the rectangle selection tool to select the top half of your image. How confusing can that be?

#3 is the one about running Gradient Bars.  I think it's confusing because the UI for Gradient Bars has changed.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 weeks later...

The ui is the problem, since some options are removed that is used in the tut.

Nothing has been removed.

Randomize is now Reseed,

Alignment now goes from 0 to 1 instead of Bottom to Top,

and Scale now uses a decimal instead of a percentage, but 1.5 and 150% are the same thing.

I do need to redo the images because they're not showing up inline anymore.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I just now read this again and realized how far off I was.

Can't tell if I drank too much coffee or too little...