Suspended Land - Vector

Shadow_n

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

Suspended Land Vector

Ok, So heres What we will be making

It's not going to turn out exactly like this, i spent a lot of time on this one :)

But i'll show you how to make something similar it pretty effortlessly

My first tutorial.

Pluginsneeded

Custom Brushes - Found here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23093">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23093</a><!-- l -->

Align Object - found here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4900">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4900</a><!-- l -->

Stocks Needed

A tree (google image search for "tree clipart")

-->Alternatively: Tree Brush Pack <!-- m -->http://horhew.deviantart.com/art/Comple ... k-22839764<!-- m -->

Some people jumping or dancing or doing what ever

-->Alternatively: Dancing Silhouette Brush Pack <!-- m -->http://erichilemex.deviantart.com/art/D ... oodonly=24<!-- m -->

Ok, So lets start shall we?

1.Background.

Select a nice orange colour as your primary colour and a slightly darker colour as you Secondary colour.

Select Gradient :RadialGradient: and drag like so.

2. Stars.

Create a new layer, Call it stars

Start with a short line in the middle of the page (brush size 2) Then use Align Object to get it in the center.

Do a center'd Motion blur, 0 degrees and 50 power :MotionBlur: . Duplicate the layer, rotate it 90 degrees and Center it. Flatten the two layers.

Duplicate the layer again and open up layer rotate/zoom. Zoom to about 65% and rotate it 45 degrees. you get should a result similar to above.

Depending on how big you've made your stars you may want to scale them down.

Now copy and paste them randomly around your page, emphasis on randomly.

3. Drawing the land.

Make a new layer, Call it land.

All you need for this step is an unsteady hand.

Choose the paint brush tool :PaintBrushTool: size 2

And draw your land.

You want the top to be reasonably flat, not flat, but almost flat.

and you want the bottom to be irregular, no curves just some bumpy lines.

And you should come up with something similar to below.

4.Roots

Make a new layer, Call it roots.

Draw some straight lines down from the bottom of your land, preferably from the lowest points (where it dips... just look at the image....I don't care enough to explain verbally :D )

Make them random lengths (not to short)

And on the bottom of your lines draw some shapes, I don't care what you put.

Hearts, Flowers, diamonds or what ever you think looks cool.

5. In this Step your going to need your stocks (the tree and the people)

Create a new layer, Call it trees

Copy your stock image of your tree (cut it out if its not already)

Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast :BrightnessContrast:

Set brightness to -100 and contrast to 100 (if your render has little bits of white on it, Open up curves and drop the luminosity to as low as it gets.)

Position the tree where you want it and repeat with your people or other such stocks.

6. Sun colour thingos

Create a new layer underneath your ground layer, call it sun.

Basically your going to draw a big circle then draw some more circles inside of it of all different colours till you get something pretty.

Duplicate your layer and put it below your sun layer and run Gaussian blur at about 40, just to give it a bit of a shadow appearance, Do what you did to your tree layer and make the Blurred layer dark.

Merge this layer with your sun layer. Duplicate it again and Make it dark (just like you did with the tree 😉 ) and move it somewhere on one of the sides of the colorful sun lines like in the image below.

Now, just go back to your sun layer and use glow.

7. Now, you will need the custom brush plugin for this part and some cloud brushes

eg: <!-- m -->http://javierzhx.deviantart.com/art/Clo ... s-34277964<!-- m -->

Now create a new layer underneath your ground layer, name it clouds.

Brush with your cloud brushes around the ground, we don't want any clouds in the middle of nowhere just around the bottem of your dirt.

8. Lines

Create a new layer named lines.

Move it under your cloud layer but above the star layer.

and draw some lines diagonally up.

These lines need to be of random widths and random colours. Don't make the colours to bright and they are just suppose to be an add onto you background.

Use the gradient tool on transparent :AlphaChannel:

and use it on either end of the lines to give an even faded out look.

and your done. Congratulations

If my version, I've added some floral brushes and drawn some vector-ish circles down in the corner

nothing to complicated, so fell free to add what you like.

Keep in mind this is my first tutorial and it was requested :)

so yes, If you have any questions or your find any mistakes or anything you want cleared up or you find something ive missed, just tell me and ill fix them up for you.

Cheers,

Feel free to post your results.

Coke12903smaller.png

OMG this is such a great tut!!!! I love this one!!!! Great....... I made this and im not sadisfied with result.... I had some troubles with getting things done but I did something.... I know I blew up that clouds step couse I didnt knew what to do...!! So could u please explain me how to get that cloud effect like yours???? I would really appreciate it!!!! Anyway heres my first work..... I will make another one.... The better one!! :)

islandix5.jpg

It doesn't look to bad actually, minus the clouds :D

I just downloaded some Custom Brushes from deviant art, Just searched for cloud brushes and picked one that i like.

You need the custom brush plugin, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23093.

and ABR Viewer to convert them all.

Pretty much just look here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23093

It explains how to install the brushes etc.

and get your brushes from here http://javierzhx.deviantart.com/art/Clo ... s-34277964

Once you have everything installed and you have converted your brush pack to png's

put the png's in

>>My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes

And you should be able to find custom brushes in the effects menu. So i hoped that helped

Coke12903smaller.png

Wow!! This is now my most very favorite tutorial! Very good outcome!! I give this tut a 11/10 (if i could). Here are my results (couldn't get the cloud brushes to work because pdn kept crashing... :cry:):VERYCOOLNESS.jpg

Clone.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ncfan51! Welcome back, long time no see!!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.