Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Tilt Shifting, or How To Shrink A City in Five Easy Steps!

Please can you update the link for "-Ilnab1024's Alpha Mask Import Plugin."

Thanks!

Edited by pyrochild
don't post direct links to plugins

Many thanks for the Tutorial... I read it some months ago but couldn't find a suitable subject until recently!

May I make a suggestion? Could you add a note (for us newbies!) just before "Save the file as a .PNG..." stating that Paint.Net will want to flatten the picture before saving, and not to forget to do a Ctrl-Z (Undo) after saving to unflatten it before carrying on (or have I done something wrong somewhere?)

Here's my humble effort, hope you like it! boltbait.cool.png

Thanks again!

post-76244-129303173286_thumb.jpg

May I make a suggestion? Could you add a note (for us newbies!) just before "Save the file as a .PNG..." stating that Paint.Net will want to flatten the picture before saving, and not to forget to do a Ctrl-Z (Undo) after saving to unflatten it before carrying on ...

Good idea. Done.

I'd be remiss if I didn't note that this particular effect can now be accomplished using a TR plugin: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26846-trs-tilt-shift-plugin/

However, I think this tutorial still teaches some concept and procedure that could be of value.  I leave it to another mod to decide whether to unpin or not.