Myrddin

How to Use Images in Your Posts, Signatures, and Avatars

But it's just one click: Save as Type. One would think it's self-explanatory. It functions the same as every other program in this regard. I suppose, though, that if one is using Word, one rarely has cause to explore non-.doc file type options...

I don't know. Sure there has been a rash of that same question recently, but out of the hundreds of thousands (is it millions yet?) of people that have download Paint.NET, only a handful have had cause to pose the question.

Yes, that would seem fitting but I don't want to bulk out the tutorial with all the in-between pieces that should be common knowledge. If it becomes too long new users may be intimidated by what should be a simple process yet met with a complicated looking tutorial. If of course a fair amount of people suggest the same I will amend it in, but not unless.

Perhaps, if one were to add sections on what file type to use where, it could be a stand-alone tutorial. Otherwise, the tutorial would be: To change the type, click the drop-down in the Save As dialog.

Plus, there's no real obvious place to put it, other than in a Basics tutorial... What!? Why are you all staring at me? >_>

Apparently your dashing good looks :P.

Was that a hint for someone to do such a file type tutorial?

*cough*me*cough*

:wink:

I don't know if Paint.Net is the right program for someone who doesn't know how to choose the file type. I mean, even if you use MS Paint you should know how it works...

There is also Google's Picasa Web ( http://picasaweb.google.com/ ) which also lets you do thumbnails but does not do the BBcode for you. I had to use this for my image at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5130&start=15 because my wonderful works proxy has blocked both imageshack and photobucket. Weird thing is it has now blocked picasaweb and yet I can still see my image and no it's not cached.

um...but what do i do after i upload it.....do i paste the http//..... between the two "....."?

Actually, that's an excellent point...

Edited first post: added instructions for the application of code within the post - so, as well as how to get there, it now details what to do with it. Also slight rephrasing of a few areas.

7. For posting your images, while in possession of your image URL, simply insert it into a set of image tags, like so: i].

The closing tag must include the backslash to denote the end of the command. Also, if you ever need a quick reminder of tag use, you can always hover your cursor over the relevant button above the field where you write your post reply.

It's a slash, not a backslash.

Slash (aka Forward Slash) = /

Backslash (aka Backward Slash) = \

How do you mean 'made'? I took the screenshots if that is what you mean. I also drew the little guideline boxes, too. I'm clever that way :D.

Did I answer you correctly?