Making glass buttons

BuzzKill

On the exposed part, do you see a white canvas or a chequerboard pattern?

i see a checkerboard pattern

When I save my button I see white space aroun him and that's not good for my web page. I follwed all the steps but I can't get an image without white space!

Can somebody tell me how to make it right. Thanx!

Wery good tutorial. :wink:

nice tutorial

can you help me get rid of the white around my button though?

.jpg images can't handle transparency, so in order for an image to keep its transparency you have to save it either as a .gif or a .png (or .pdn, of course)

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Okay. I'll try explaining this to you:

1. Open your button in PDN (Paint.NET)

2. Start erasing the white around the button.

3. After you're done, it is wise to either make a border or to feather the button (with the Feather plugin). It looks best if used with these settings; 1 for radius, 1 for strength and the "True Feather" checkbox checked.

4. Don't forget to save your button as a .png or .gif (or .pdn). If you save it as a .jpg, the transparency disappears.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my button.... WOW it's pretty bad when I look to all of yours... But.... I must say that that is my first work with Paint.NET (That Exploding Planet was 2nd!), and maybe i will make better one some day!! :)

button2on8.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

with some modifications to the tutorial, here is my picture!

buttonstest.png

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

with some modifications to the tutorial, here is my picture!

buttonstest.png

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4.) In the Colors window, set the primary color's transparency-alpha to 0 (zero). Open up Tom's Code Lab and load SearedIce's Transparent Fade script. You can get Tom's Code Lab here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1096 and you can get SI's script here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... ight=#5120 .

can you give me step by step ins. to load SearedIce's Transparent Fade script and to save as DLL

Nakis400x120.pngShutter-10.gif

If I understand you correctly, you copy SearcedIce's code and paste it into the Code Lab window. To compile as a DLL, simply hit the button 'Build' and follow the necessary steps.

If there are any errors with the code, someone else will have to lend a hand as I'm not that well versed in coding.

Although, you should be aware of the new Buttons plugin by MadJik, expediting this whole process: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28865