Making glass buttons

BuzzKill

• 2 weeks later...
Whichever color you choose, avoid having the "Value" of that color set to maximum (100) as we will be using it in the next step for a gradient.

Pick the Rectangle tool (o), make sure you have "Draw Filled Shape" selected (bottom toolbar, next to "Fill style"), and set the value of your color to maximum (100).

Turn off Antialiasing.

I used a tolerance level of 69.

Nice tut, but I'm a total nub at any type of graphics program. Can you explain a bit more on how to do this stuff? I think these were the only things that confused me. x_x

• 3 weeks later...
i Know this maybe a cop out but i found this maybe handy for some, and not as much fun as making your own i know, but its quick and handy for work maybe where Paint .net is not aound.

http://cooltext.com/

All the text styles on there look horrible and childish.

One of the few times I've ever agreed with sabrown100...;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I skipped steps also for my 'Any Key' ...Black box, large white paint brush in 2nd layer..then lowered the opacity.

anykey.png

Press Any Key to continue_

I just made a Rounded Rectangle :RoundedRectangleTool: then made a Gradient :GradientTool:inside the box. After that I made a new layer and made white circle on the top of the image using the Eclipse tool :EllipseTool:, gave it a low Gaussian Blur :GaussianBlur: and lowered the opacity.

halosigfinaltv0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I skipped steps also for my 'Any Key' ...Black box, large white paint brush in 2nd layer..then lowered the opacity.

anykey.png

Press Any Key to continue_

I just made a Rounded Rectangle :RoundedRectangleTool: then made a Gradient :GradientTool:inside the box. After that I made a new layer and made white circle on the top of the image using the Eclipse tool :EllipseTool:, gave it a low Gaussian Blur :GaussianBlur: and lowered the opacity.

dude that was great thanks....

desertcrashsig.gif

Captain need more power. Are more PDN hehe