Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire010

Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Can anyone tell me how how I can do that?

First, you'd have to find a fairly large image of the shield, since you can scale an image down without distorting it too much, however scaling it up distorts it quite a bit...

Then, I'd make several copies of the shield image and use image> resize (by percentage) to scale them down...up to you how much, but for a smooth looking zoom in/out, I'd set it at 95%, then 90%, then 85%, and so forth until it's as small as you want it to get. Save each sized shield as a separate image.

Open up your background, then create a new layer, and paste a shield on that layer, and merge it down. Then save this as a separate image (gif file if using unfreez).

Repeat this step with each smaller shield you created.

When you create the gif file, you'll need to drag the files in order so that the shield will appear to zoom in, then back out.

in the end, it would look something like this:

example-1.gif

how do you slow down a animation?

Without knowing what software you used to create the animation, it's hard to give you an intelligent answer.

If you are using UnFREEz, in the bottom right of the interface you should see "Frame delay"...if you increase the number beside it it will increase the amount of time each frame is displayed.

This is so cool. I've been going through the tuts and experimenting in different categories. I have an excellent animation program called gimp and it plays very nicely with PDN. I prefer PDN because the interface is easier to work with. That and the fact that here there is a direct link to the forums while working in PDN. Makes things a lot easier. And thanks for the explanation on fading and blurs and such. You guys are a great help.