Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hellfire010

Hi when I tried to do this with some time lapsed shots - I got as far as creating the gif files and saving them - but when I clicked the "make animation" button it only asked me to save again - I can't get it to move.

I'm being very stupid!! can you help please

I assume you're talking about using the UnFREEz program?

If so, you need to drag and drop each .gif file to the window in UnFREEz and then click the "make animation" button. It will prompt you for a name, and where to save the finished .gif file which will then be the animated file.

Hi - yes the Unfreez programme. I am particularly stupid I'm afraid. I've just done what you suggested. I end up with a saved file - what do I do then - how do I actually run the animation - I still get prompted to save the file whenever I push the button.

You need to open the file using your web browser. Find where it's been saved, and then open the animated .GIF in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc. unFREEz is supposed to save the file you create, not show it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I changed them to links.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Can someone help me? I dowloaded the UnFREEz program, and i made some frames and saved them by putting .gif at the end of the file name, but when i drag them into the UnFREEz program and try to make an animated GIF, it says that the frames i dragged into are NOT a GIF file. Am i saving the frames wrong or something?

Can someone help me? I dowloaded the UnFREEz program, and i made some frames and saved them by putting .gif at the end of the file name, but when i drag them into the UnFREEz program and try to make an animated GIF, it says that the frames i dragged into are NOT a GIF file. Am i saving the frames wrong or something?

I gather you saved them as that in Paint.NET. Did you select "GIF" from the combobox?

KaHuc.png

I gather you saved them as that in Paint.NET. Did you select "GIF" from the combobox?

Ohh, that's why! Lol, thanks a lot. I have it figured out now. :)

Oh, and one more question. How can you make more time in between each frame? My frames go much too quickly for what i'm trying to make.

Oh, and one more question. How can you make more time in between each frame? My frames go much too quickly for what i'm trying to make.

I have never used the animation program but I presume there is an FPS setting. If not you could always copy each frame so that that frame stays on-screen for longer.

KaHuc.png

I had the same problem. If you are using unFREEz, then it has an option called delay...try starting out with about 25 delay, and then just experiment with it until you find how much of a delay you need. Hope that helps! :)

This is the one that I made, and I too needed the delay for this one...I've never made animation before this, so it's my first try!

10987_11856bd4fd350a02c1b905f4b7abb3d6

My first attempt with paint.net ... and using this tute along with cjmcguinnesses awesome poker tutorial...

rotateMe4.gif

Go the Mighty Hawks (Australian Football League).

My first attempt with paint.net ... and using this tute along with cjmcguinnesses awesome poker tutorial...

rotateMe4.gif

Go the Mighty Hawks (Australian Football League).

Nice job!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

• 2 weeks later...

okieee so im pretty new to this awesome world...

but i just wanted to say that this really is a neat effect!

thnkx a lot (:

14530_1742be143c3e33213b8b1bf375995c8a

JustSmilez (:

Hey great tutorial... Do you have any idea how i can upload an animated .gif on a site such as hi5 or Myspace?Beacause when i do it the .gif is not moving..!!

10028_4ac9c5aff6aa755acc1c9111476cc4d8