Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hellfire010

Its a little choppy I know....lol, and I just used Animation Shop from PSP, it was also a free download, not sure if it stillis or not.11114_1824568dcd4ad1029a48361e502be14d it might be a little big sorry about that.

My first animated X-mas card! It costed me blood swear :wink: and tears, so please be merciful :) but comments and advices are most welcome, unfortunately the original file size (forgot to resize!) was huge (10,2 mb) and I had to use a program to resize it so I was not able to stop the animation with the final text (unloop?) as it was in the original (shame on me!)

cuboframedelay30resized600x400.gif

My first animated X-mas card! It costed me blood swear :wink: and tears, so please be merciful :) but comments and advices are most welcome, unfortunately the original file size (forgot to resize!) was huge (10,2 mb) and I had to use a program to resize it so I was not able to stop the animation with the final text (unloop?) as it was in the original (shame on me!)

th_cuboframedelay30resized600x400.gif

Well, I like it :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Just upload it to the "add attachment" area beneath your post when you hit "post reply."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I made this for a friend. (Put the image of his awful pooch in it :lol:) What I found difficult was the wings animation, should I have to duplicate always the original layer with the wings (setted in this case for the dog's wings at zoom 1 with rotate layer) and then reset all and add the following zoom or proceed with the modified layers (i.e. layer 1 zoom 1 layer 2 zoom 0.95 layer 3 zoom 1.11..and add new zoom on that? (It sounds confused I know, hope you can understand what I am trying to say) and also anyone has any suggestion for a more realistic breath? Thanks a lot for your help!

auguribilloanimazione600framedelay.gif

Here's my next GIF animation: (It works when your browser is fully loaded as always!)

Sound waves

Soundwaves.gif

Be quiet! Everything you say is being recorded!! :)

@vista?: nice animation! :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Has anyone used animated gifs to do a quick and easy slide show? My friend wants a slideshow of her CD covers -- easy enough to switch photos, but what about a slow crossfade?

Just point me at the URL if this has been discussed before -- I just found Paint.NET and think the program, and especially the user community, is great!

HarryLlama

Ain't this a little tim and space on HD consuming? If you want something gooad astick figure just doin something, it will take many gifs right?

Technically, yes; but GIFs are very small. And, once you've got the animation put together, you can delete all of the frames (be careful, though; it means you'll never be able to edit the animation again!)

Has anyone used animated gifs to do a quick and easy slide show? My friend wants a slideshow of her CD covers -- easy enough to switch photos, but what about a slow crossfade?

Just point me at the URL if this has been discussed before -- I just found Paint.NET and think the program, and especially the user community, is great!

HarryLlama

It would take a LONG time and a LOT of frames. But it could be done. :-) There are much better ways to do it, though. If it's online, I'd use a JavaScript. If it's not, I'd use MS Powerpoint. Much quicker, much less work. :-) And a lot easier on the hard drive.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Nice Tut , Hard Tut

=======================

I like it that you posted an program like Unfreez :)

its not really an tut but its an introducing to the world of animation.

i like it but dont use it often since for an animation of 3 seconds you need 70 frames .

im glad this is Sticky'd.

I Hope you will make lots of tuts!

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

Thanks, David, I thought that may be the case! My concern is that some browsers turn off javascript. . . by the way, do you know of a free, compact slideshow javascript?

Harry

Sorry, I just saw this!

Thanks, David, I thought that may be the case! My concern is that some browsers turn off javascript. . .

I'd say just put a notice that says "You must have JavaScript turned on!". It should be fine. :-) Besides, if they've turned off JS, they're losers and not worth your time. ;-)

by the way, do you know of a free, compact slideshow javascript?

Harry

Google found this:

http://www.scripts.com/viewscript/javas ... wer/17863/

See if that helps. :-)

How come i cant attach my picture. It says it is invalid. Sorry Im New please help!!

I don't know what you mean. Are you attaching it to your post, or have you already uploaded it elsewhere?