Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hellfire010

That's pretty good, but I must suggest you use more frames. Snow moves much slower, so the illusion of it falling all the way to the ground doesn't always work as it does with rain.

Here's something I made (I posted it in pictorium too). Just another animation example.

hmm.gif

Thanks for your suggestion, if i have the time, I'll make it better :D

So now you've seen my snow animation, now I made an animating ..... (*drum roll please*)

Animating Filmstrip!

This was based on the filmstrip tutorial by cjmcguinness

AnimatingFilmstrip.gif

Once this page is fully loaded on your browser, my animation will look better

Here's one I made with good old UnFREEZE - it's a snow animation

tester5.gif

If I ever get the chance to, I'll try doing a Matrix animation

Do you think you can make a tutorial for that?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Good morning everybody,

This is getting me reallly frustratred... Is there anyone out there so kind and patient as to give detailed instructions (step by step for dummies) on how to make animated gifs? I mean I could reach some results (with lots of "self-taught" attempts) but I am not sure if I am following the correct procedure.

Also when I tried to make a sort of spinning world the rotation came up right until a certain point, then it darkened and besides the world seemed to suffer from a severe hiccup attack. I am not able to attach it here cause it says the file is too big ..

Forgive my english, and of course no need to say I am totally unskilled, please help

Thank you in advance,

Ciao,

Topezia

topezia, it looks like you got the hang of it for the most part. It just seems like there is a stray frame in there that doesn't belong (the flicker). As for the shadow, I'm not sure what's causing that. It seems to be one of the settings with Shape3D, so just try playing around with that a bit. It seems you might be rotating it with the layer menu, instead try rotating it with varying settings in the Shape3D effect.

Also, for the animation to truly look like motion you may want to add a few more frames. How many degrees apart was each frame? I usually use 15 degrees for images that size.

铃铛520, please stop spamming.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

topezia, it looks like you got the hang of it for the most part. It just seems like there is a stray frame in there that doesn't belong (the flicker). As for the shadow, I'm not sure what's causing that. It seems to be one of the settings with Shape3D, so just try playing around with that a bit. It seems you might be rotating it with the layer menu, instead try rotating it with varying settings in the Shape3D effect.

Also, for the animation to truly look like motion you may want to add a few more frames. How many degrees apart was each frame? I usually use 15 degrees for images that size.

铃铛520, please stop spamming.

Thank you Hellfire,

As for the stray frame I am sure there is something I messed up during the process.

I will try again and again until I reach something acceptable.

As for the process I used, not knowing how to do it ( until I read the "animated rain tutorial" and I figured out I was using a wrong procedure) I used this ( :oops:) I had these 2 layers in the layers windows 1) the world 2) the black sky, I applied a 5° (sigh!) rotation to the world layer with shape 3D (axis 3 - z), named the layers (sigh sigh) merge them, save them as gif , flatten, then went back, unflatten and again x I think 73 times (sigh!) . After this outing , no need to say I am new so getting still confused with layers, backgrounds, frames etc.

So you suggest me to try various settings with shape 3D and I will, but if I want to figure out how the final result will look like and apply the rotation to same layer from 0 to 360 and any eventual variations in light etc., will it look like that when finished?

And last but not least (just to finish my outing :oops: ) how to proceed?

(2 layers: world and sky, shall I duplicate them x n times, apply the rotation, name them from o to n, then merge each named layer, open a new image , copy each named layer into new image and finally save them as gif? - did I get it right this time?)

I apologize for my confused explanations and I am sorry to bother you again but I will really appreciate your help!

Thank you again,

Ciao

p.s. I love paint.net!

this is my first time posting a image (or anything for that matter)

dicetesthw2.gif

I am a bit new to PdN and i just started doing things with Shape3D

I used a tut called Shape3D#1:Different image on each sides of a cube.(EASY) to make this.

I've been keeping glued to the damn spinning world more than a week now and my head is spinning too :shock: .

I think I got the correct procedure now, but world still darkens during the rotation, I played with all the shape 3d effects as you suggested (lighting on/off, light direction, camera angle , reflection rate... think I am biting off more than I can chew :) ) with poor results, please do you have any suggestions/hints :idea: about how the proper settings could be?

Also when you say that seems that I might be rotating it with layer menu etc. what do you exactly mean? (as usual in dummies alphabet....)

Many thanks for your reply!

Ciao

While still fighting with the spinning world (nobody out there to help?) I made this

Actually I copied the character from an image I had but I did all the drawings by myself

thanksgiving35.gif

@topezia: you might have wanted to make each images last long on that GIF.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Ok I have a question about saving the project in the .gif form every time I do the pictures look pixilated.Everyone I talk to says to hold the shift key while resizing,but Im not resizing!Any advice?

@topezia: you might have wanted to make each images last long on that GIF.

Yep! I've already set a frame delay of 35 and thought if I slowered it more it will slow down the turkey's wink, too :wink:

and, by the way:

Happy Thanksgiving! :wink:

I was trying to make a long animation and just checked how first 2 frames worked, and... gasp! Why there is that change in texture? May be cause I used line/curves tool with "fill with" at various setttings instead of solid color? :cry:

canegattolampione.gif

The GIF format only supports 256 colors(?). The change you see from frame to frame is the format compression process attempting to reduce the number of colors across the entire image (all frames).

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

The GIF format only supports 256 colors(?). The change you see from frame to frame is the format compression process attempting to reduce the number of colors across the entire image (all frames).

Thank you,

I see, so there is no solution for that! (sigh!)

Ciao,