Auto exposure

Do you mean Adjustments > Auto-Level?  Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + L

Open Levels (Ctrl + L) and play with the top Input control and/or the middle control on the Output side.

levelswindowGreyShift.png

Does that do what you want?

6 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Open Levels (Ctrl + L) and play with the top Input control and/or the middle control on the Output side.

levelswindowGreyShift.png

Does that do what you want?

Not, this is for up-down histogram and changing wb in same time, posure plugin i think should be for "Exposure Compensation"  and it is now doing of this as manuel. I say Posure plugin should be to do also as automatic. 

I am a photographer and i am thinging like a photo camera, and i mean posure plugin is perfect, and does work as mauel to high or down light , but i say also should be as automatic too.

Edited by user.by

Please post a screen shot of the paint.net 'posure' plugin you are talking about (if you are talking about something related to paint.net).

Typically you can do this kind of manipulation only by knowing specific information of the camera hardware and using raw data files from the camera. Adobe LightRoom can do this.

midoras signature.gif

8 minutes ago, midora said:

Please post a screen shot of the paint.net 'posure' plugin you are talking about (if you are talking about something related to paint.net).

Typically you can do this kind of manipulation only by knowing specific information of the camera hardware and using raw data files from the camera. Adobe LightRoom can do this.

I had sent at first message this, i say, of course i think shoul be auto button for to measure to right pose light. Sure if it can be...

1945158473_Ekrangrnts2023-02-05090833.jpg.803a9894e3509987d49ee39e81208af5.jpg

For example first is my photo, and second with levels (auto levels - wb), and thirdy with pose (manuel)

Now i say, levels plugin is changing every light  and wb, but pose plugin changing only high light without wb.

I think also pose plugin should have a auto button, and it should give me right value.

I mean like an "Auto Exposure Compensation" mission.

Car.jpg

Car-Levels.jpg

Car-Pose.jpg

Edited by user.by

As someone that dabbles with photography, you shouldn’t be relying on auto exposure in your camera as it does it best to guess the lighting, and I would suggest investing in a gray card. 

That being said, what @Ego Eram Reputo has suggested will work, but I will go one step further. In your image, change the canvas by 100 pixels wide and tall. For example, if your photograph is 1980x1920, increase the canvas to 2080x2020. It will create a white border around the photograph. Backfill the white border with gray (experiment with shades of gray) and be mindful that the gray color may “bleed” over to the photograph. Luckily you can control how much fill to use on the toolbar.  Finally, tweak the photograph with Levels or Curves, and once you are satisfied, change the dimensions back to the original photograph by removing the extra 100 pixels.

These tips came from a tutorial on this site that has been removed or I didn’t look hard enough.

Edit: I just remembered that a common complaint with color in PDN comes from the metadata being stripped, and fortunately, Rick added the ability to apply color profile in v5.0. Try that and see if the color profiles gets corrected before attempting what I suggested earlier. 

Edited by TrevorOutlaw

1 hour ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

As someone that dabbles with photography, you shouldn’t be relying on auto exposure in your camera as it does it best to guess the lighting, and I would suggest investing in a gray card. 

That being said, what @Ego Eram Reputo has suggested will work, but I will go one step further. In your image, change the canvas by 100 pixels wide and tall. For example, if your photograph is 1980x1920, increase the canvas to 2080x2020. It will create a white border around the photograph. Backfill the white border with gray (experiment with shades of gray) and be mindful that the gray color may “bleed” over to the photograph. Luckily you can control how much fill to use on the toolbar.  Finally, tweak the photograph with Levels or Curves, and once you are satisfied, change the dimensions back to the original photograph by removing the extra 100 pixels.

These tips came from a tutorial on this site that has been removed or I didn’t look hard enough.

Edit: I just remembered that a common complaint with color in PDN comes from the metadata being stripped, and fortunately, Rick added the ability to apply color profile in v5.0. Try that and see if the color profiles gets corrected before attempting what I suggested earlier. 

I have no problem with my values, i just suggested it should be for posure plugin.