Color and Black and White - The Pleasantville Effect

TheTh0mas

Here's my bash at it -and in time for valentines day yah!

There are a few customised ones too, I'm not a love rat -just hedging my bets :oops:

For those of you who have forgotten your woman, please feel free to use.

For those women who have forgotten your men - to the stocks with you !

10048_ef4bf9f712555f18893a567f5dd5c214

CjW

Edit by Rick: Sorry, no flashy animations in avatars or signatures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Bill

:cry: Poor Sea-lion...

10/10 :twisted: :twisted:

Just kidding...

9/10

Sea-lions dieing aren't good :(

EDIT: Grammar Fix... :oops:

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

I'm having a bit of trouble here. I copied the hibiscus flower on the first page to try it out with, so I can compare my outcome with someone who's already done thiers. When I select the flower, I have to copy portions of the flower until I've copied all of it. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I've followed the step by steps in the tutorial, but can't seem to get the whole flower copied to the new layer. Help! :shock:

I'm having a bit of trouble here. I copied the hibiscus flower on the first page to try it out with, so I can compare my outcome with someone who's already done thiers. When I select the flower, I have to copy portions of the flower until I've copied all of it. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I've followed the step by steps in the tutorial, but can't seem to get the whole flower copied to the new layer. Help! :shock:

I also tried the tutorial flower, and that's what I had to do. Worked fine though.

@Bill

:cry: Poor Sea-lion...

10/10 :twisted: :twisted:

Just kidding...

9/10

Sea-lions dieing aren't good :(

EDIT: Grammar Fix... :oops:

Well I wanted something to do with animals, i'm a discovery channel freak and i knew this would look good. Though, I wanted a different picture, I know what one I wanted but i couldn't find it.

First post here. Just wanted to say that this was a great tutorial, thanks a lot!! :)

Here's mine. It's very simple, but I have to start somewhere.

DntTchFzyUGtDzy.png

I also tried the tutorial flower, and that's what I had to do. Worked fine though.

Hi!

Thanks for replying. That explains it, I appreciate it; I'm a total newbie to photo manipulation. :lol:

Everyone else's try's are so much better than mine! haha. okay here's my before and after pictures!

Before:

2001088980045095963_rs.jpg

After:

2001065227595755487_rs.jpg

I think I chose too much of the picture to be in color....but I wanted the water to be lively and seem like it was the source of life in the photo...

I like it. Good work!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This is my first ever edit. The magic wand is tricky. I tried glow but it made the color funky.

well. how do I add the picture to the post? I tried the attach a file thing at the bottom and it just took forever. I feel like an idiot.

This is my first ever edit. The magic wand is tricky. I tried glow but it made the color funky.

well. how do I add the picture to the post? I tried the attach a file thing at the bottom and it just took forever. I feel like an idiot.

If you have a photobucket account you can upload it to http://www.PhotoBucket.com

You could also use http://www.tinypic.com or http://www.imageshack.us

Then just use the embeed codes that they give you or to be more simple

urltoimage just add the url of the image in between the tags.

Hi,

I'd like to ask permission to use your tutorial for a class that I teach on Photo Editing at Norman Public Library in Norman, Oklahoma.

Nancy Rimassa

CTC Trainer

Norman Public Library