Sign in to follow this  
Rick Brewster

Fading / Blending: Gradient tool on a Camaro picture

Well I really wanted to try this out on a picture I took, but I guess I haven't taken any pictures of the outside of a car LOL. So I used a photo of my son in his halloween costume 2 years ago.

Vintagedragonpic.png

Well, i have thi spicture, and i want to fade something into it, i'm totally lost, can someone give me an example and tell how to(If i can)

I feel really stupid, but i joined up like, yesterday.... :SoftenPortrait: So Sorry...

Picture to use:

(Can you also get the halter off)

http://www.carouselfriesians.com/images/Slides/S001.jpp

Faded

And

Main

http://www.dolraearabians.com/stallions/Carnegie-D.jpg

(If i'm not supposed to post here, then pleas,e forgive me....**sulks**)

I would like to show you my first "work" done with paint.net which I only downloaded yesterday :wink: --- tataaa:

azv4j8lzmbwae66g6.jpg

Guess, next time I should save it with 100% instead of 70 which I did here. ;) Hope you like it.

Ooh - that looks good - and the 70 thing doesn't bother me at all - in fact, it's a kind of style for the picture.

I like it! - Welcome to the PDN Forums!

Thank you. :) I was looking for a thread where people could introduce themselves but didn't find it. I hope it's alright that I put my introduction here? :oops:

Now I know why I was unhappy with my first picture: there was too much color shining through on the right part of the image .. I tried out a few alterations, and I think it's much better now.

Have a look, isn't it?

azw561uk099gfrqox.jpg

I used this tut with the popping out of a picture tut, and used ink sketch instead of sepia/black and white

2744807253_875b7d7e73_o.png