How to start a fire with Paint.NET

Tom Jackson

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This makes a good texture for the sun if their was no gradient and the clouds effect was with less scale (150) and more roughness (0.75)

Edited by imadnsn

• 1 month later...

I followed this tutorial many times. Though I'll be showing the newest result (so this reply won't be overloaded by thumbnails.)

FIRE%20PRACTICE_11.png

I do think this tutorial is. :]

Edited by Beta0
Re-linking images

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

• 6 months later...

I entered in those exact setting, w/ gradient, and it won't seem to get the same effect as yours.

We can't really help you unless you post your result so we can see what went wrong.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes it is very cool. Don't know how I missed this one but here's my first go at it.   :)

326-d_zpsdf82b7b9.png

And I made this out of that.

th_327-c_zps43c93fbf.png

Edited by skullbonz
  • Like 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

How are you?

New to curves. How did you get the three lines inside it, I can only get one line or is it called a spline? please tell me how you did that. I unchecked the green and red in RGB mode and went to adjust the curve and all it would do was one spline only it would not allow for anything else and I tried plugin called curves + Same thing only one spline.

any help appreciated thanks

In the box at the top of the Curves dialog, change the setting from Luminosity to RGB.  The three lines RGB are overlaid in this image.  Select only one checkbox to move just that color channel.

yhsjjie-1458.png

• 8 months later...

Here's my attempts at making fire. First one is flames with water, the second one is just flames. (Hope I didn't violate any old thread bump rules)

post-49899-0-17687300-1443146473_thumb.p

post-49899-0-66082400-1443146481_thumb.p

Edited by RyanH1984
  • Upvote 3

(Hope I didn't violate any old thread bump rules)

Nope. It checks out:

11) Don't reply to very old threads....However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum.

Nice work on the fire!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• Ego Eram Reputo featured this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...