Email Change

I paid for paint.net 5.0 on Microsoft Store, and the account that I bought it under has been deleted by Microsoft. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to still use paint.net or if I can use it without doing anything. I still have it installed and have no problems using it, I just wanna make sure I'm still allowed to use it even though the email it was bought under is deleted.

Let me know, Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chance said:

I paid for paint.net 5.0 on Microsoft Store, and the account that I bought it under has been deleted by Microsoft.

As @Pixey says, you can use it.

Via the Store you are not buying the rights to use paint.net, you are effectively making a donation to the developer to support his work on the application.

I'm not sure whether the store version will update OK when 5.1 is released if you don't have an account. It probably will, but @Rick Brewster may need to confirm this.

In any event, you always have the option of uninstalling the Store version, going to https://www.getpaint.net/ and installing the free version from there.