Effects options no longer available in New 5.0

I was certain that there was an option in Effects to outline. It allowed designating the thickness of the line and the distance from the image or element. It seems to have disappeared with the New 5.0 version. Is there a plug-in to reinstall this option? Thanks

58 minutes ago, marg said:

Is there a plug-in to reinstall this option?

You can look in Effects > Plugin Errors to see which plugins are not being loaded.

BoltBait's Outline Object plugin has a new version for PDN 5.0: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/121343-boltbaits-gpu-accelerated-plugin-pack-for-paintnet-v50-updated-2023-01-12/

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I finally did figure out what I was doing wrong with the download! But, I'm not sure if the plug-in was written differently. What I'm trying to accomplish, is to let's say.... Create a trace line that might be 2 pixels in size, around an object and be able to designate its distance from the object, maybe let's say 30 pixels away. I was sure that I had been able to do this under Effects before the update, but I can't see where it is now allowing me to determine the distance from the object, even with the new plug-in. Thanks So vey much for your your dedication, help and suggestions!

Edited by marg

@marg You are probably thinking of @BoltBait's plugin 'Disconnected Drop Shadow' which he never officially released.

You'd have to ask him about it.