Japanese Font

Go to solution Solved by SOTH,

Is there a specific font Paint.NET uses for Japanese characters? I always chose arial assuming that was the one, but it can't be. Also when I choose other fonts the characters stay the same. I want to use the exact same font in another program, but none of the available fonts look like it.

japanese.png

Edited by SOTH

There are no fonts in images, which is what Paint.net deals with. Users of Paint.net can use any font that happens to be intalled in Windows

to insert "text" in images, but the text ends up being just pixels in the image, like all other pixels. Paint.net has no particular font(s) associated

with it, it just uses whatever is already installed in the machine.

Edited by kreemoweet

9 hours ago, kreemoweet said:

There are no fonts in images, which is what Paint.net deals with. Users of Paint.net can use any font that happens to be intalled in Windows

to insert "text" in images, but the text ends up being just pixels in the image, like all other pixels. Paint.net has no particular font(s) associated

with it, it just uses whatever is already installed in the machine.

Thanks for the information. How will I find out which font it is since Paint.NET doesn't give me the exact name of it? Or how can I make it look the same in another program? None of the available fonts look the same when I use that other program.

Hello @SOTH and welcome to the forum :) 

If you want Japanese Font, you can download some from here then put them in your Windows Font folder.

Reopen paint.net and look for it in the Text dropdown.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

14 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hello @SOTH and welcome to the forum :) 

If you want Japanese Font, you can download some from here then put them in your Windows Font folder.

Reopen paint.net and look for it in the Text dropdown.

Those are like "Japanese Styled" fonts instead of fonts that support Japanese I'm afraid. Thanks for your repsonse.

1001fonts.JPG

If I understand your question . Here is a site with true Japanese fonts as opposed to Japanese “styled” fonts used for English words.  Also they can be used with Windows 

https://jref.com/resources/categories/japanese-fonts.1/

847914245_modelinginspector.gif.6eb9add7c342fd0147f3fec5edfbca52.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

11 hours ago, Scooter said:

If I understand your question . Here is a site with true Japanese fonts as opposed to Japanese “styled” fonts used for English words.  Also they can be used with Windows 

https://jref.com/resources/categories/japanese-fonts.1/

847914245_modelinginspector.gif.6eb9add7c342fd0147f3fec5edfbca52.gif

I found a font that looks similar to what I'm looking for. Gonna use it for now, but thanks for the site. Looks very useful.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:33 AM, SOTH said:

I went thorugh my stock fonts again and came to the conclusion that the font is Yu Gothic. It just looked a litte distorted/different in the project I'm using for some reason. Thanks for the help guys.

OK, so now that we have helped you, you could now  share something/anything from your works. Artist.gif.297ef3b48e41b256a63693d5122c49b6.gif We love to see new talent and all you can teach us. 

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️