Can I rotate Ellipse Select Tool ?

Go to solution Solved by Ego Eram Reputo,

Hi @hbgodseekerafter creating the basic ellipse selection you can use the move selection tool to change the size and rotation of the selection. Move the mouse pointer near to the border of the existing selection. At a certain distance a rotation arrow will appear. Grab it and rotate the selection. The angle will be visible in the status bar.

• Like 1

midoras signature.gif

12 hours ago, midora said:

Hi @hbgodseekerafter creating the basic ellipse selection you can use the move selection tool to change the size and rotation of the selection. Move the mouse pointer near to the border of the existing selection. At a certain distance a rotation arrow will appear. Grab it and rotate the selection. The angle will be visible in the status bar.

Hi @midora

Sure it works,but It is inconvenient

When using Ellipse Select Tool ,I often want the current Ellipse selection to be added to any previous selection(s),but if switch to move selection tool , the whole selections will get rotated as well

303011827_36020221211141902516.jpg.51af4abb193c5af76ee38993245548ac.jpg

995583180_OJDVH5UIQYTS4@D9HL3V.jpg.3d0a2ef7961a9f1f46d56194a303da07.jpg

I suggest to use an extra hotkey instead of switching to move selection tool (by adding this new feature to Paint.NET)

I'm poor in grammar😖,hope to convey the meaning(please tell me your feelings~)

Edited by hbgodseeker

• Solution

In the Edit menu is an option to Copy Selection. Use this to copy your existing selection(s). Now do the Ellipse selection (replacing the previous selections) and rotate it to your wishes. Finally paste the original selection back: Edit > Paste Selection > Add (Union)

7 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

In the Edit menu is an option to Copy Selection. Use this to copy your existing selection(s). Now do the Ellipse selection (replacing the previous selections) and rotate it to your wishes. Finally paste the original selection back: Edit > Paste Selection > Add (Union)

Well ,I tried this method ,but it was still hard to use when I tried to reach the combo Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A

And I can't see the previous selections(of their positions)...

Thanks a lot! 

Hope there is a better solution ...🤔

When you have any selection tool in operation, you can add stuff by holding CNTRL or remove stuff by holding ALT. 

does that help? 

There's also a hack by using TR's Alpha Cutter and selecting a section with it, hitting okay, and then hitting Cntrl + Z to undo the Alpha Cutter but keep the selection in play.