How to Install Plugins ×

CodeLab v6.12 for Paint.NET 5.0.12 (Updated February 11, 2024)

8 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

There are two reasons someone might want to disable it:

3. When it changes your own simple variable to some unknown (to me) Pdn method with a similar name.😉

- Thanks both for putting in the work.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

29 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

3. When it changes your own simple variable to some unknown (to me) Pdn method with a similar name.

That sounds like a scenario that falls into bullet-point one or two.

Do you have the steps for when it does that?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Visual Studio has a visual hint to indicate when an item will/won't auto complete:

Solid Selection = Auto Complete

Outline Selection = No Auto Complete (in case of typos, auto complete can be forced with the Tab key)

I'm adding a similar hint to CodeLab.  I hope this will reduce "surprises" when an item auto completes (or doesn't).

image.png

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Serveral months ago Visual Studio Code added this thing called Rainbow Braces.

The feature is available in the regular Visual Studio with extensions: Viasfora or Rainbow Braces.

Now that I've become accustom to these rainbow braces, I wanted them in CodeLab too.

So... the next version of CodeLab will have an option for Rainbow Braces!

image.png

• Like 3
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1
  • Hooray 1

bp-sig.png

Dang. I never knew I needed them until I saw this ^ screenshot. Yes please :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

So... the next version of CodeLab will have an option for Rainbow Braces!

So pretty 😍 It might even get me interested in writing code 😂

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

That could be very informative.

The colour coded parenthesis look very useful too... previously I would add a comment e.g.. "// end inner loop"... it's so easy to get it wrong, then the errors disappear and you can't see where you have gone wrong.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 months later...

CodeLab v6.7

(for Paint.NET v5.0+)

Changes in Paint.NET v5.0 prevents older versions of CodeLab from running.  So, if you want to develop plugins in Paint.NET v5.0 you'll need to download CodeLab from this thread.

What's new:

No support for authoring GPU plugins just yet.  Honestly, @toe_head2001 just made enough changes to get CodeLab back to a working state.  We have TONS of plans for supporting all the new toys @Rick Brewster has given us plugin developers in Paint.NET v5.0 (such as tabs and the ability to write GPU accelerated plugins), but that's a long way off.  We've been working on updating our own plugins first so that we can learn the new techniques required for the next phase of CodeLab.  It has been a LONG journey and much progress has been made.  Be patient and eventually CodeLab will be updated further.

Download:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/codelab

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hugs 1

My system is clean.  I just don't have a way to sign my installers.

image.png

Reputable code signing costs over $500/year... so, I'm going to need LOTS more donations if I'm going to make that happen.

I just MIGHT be able to get a discount code signer... they only cost $60/year.  Investigating...

https://codesigningstore.com/cheap-code-signing-certificates

• Like 1

Windows Defender will not let me download this.  As it seems to be a false positive, do I have to disable Defender to get this downloaded?

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey No, you don't need to disable Defender completely. You can add an exclusion.

See here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#ID0EBF=Windows_11

If you're having trouble to do this (because Windows being so fast to delete the file), just disable "Real-time Protection" temporarily then add the exclusion.

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

39 minutes ago, otuncelli said:

just disable "Real-time Protection" temporarily then add the exclusion.

Many thanks for your help @otuncelli but I have a dilemma as the 'download' doesn't complete and says "Unconfirmed.crdownload" which Defender doesn't recognize as an exclusion 😱

EDIT:  I did it after temporarily disabling Real-time.  Thank you so much for the help 😁

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

@Rick Brewster the build of CodeLab posted above is not compatible with your latest build of Paint.NET.  Running it gives the following error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\CodeLab.dll
      Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.CodeLabRegular
      Version: 6.7.8360.24707
      Author: Copyright ©2022 BoltBait
      Copyright: C# Code Editor for Paint.NET Plugin Development
      Full error message: System.MethodAccessException: Attempt by method 'PaintDotNet.Effects.CodeLabConfigDialog..ctor()' to access method 'PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.get_EnableOpacity()' failed.
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.CodeLabConfigDialog..ctor()
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.CodeLab.OnCreateConfigForm()
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectBase.PaintDotNet.Effects.IEffect.CreateConfigForm()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(EffectInfo effectInfo)

@toe_head2001 is trying to read EnableOpacity which is now marked internal.  We read this to see if that option is enabled in the Paint.NET settings.

Options?

EDIT: BTW, we're not the only plugin reading this property.