weird green tinting effect when loading pics to edit

so I've got a problem, trying to format some lovely images from the james webb telescope for my mobile devices as wallpapers, but everytime I try to import one particular image, it loads with a distinct green tint.

the one on the left is a straight saved file, the one on the right is a copy/paste to paint.net.

is there a setting somewhere thats causing this that I can easily fix? see linked screenshot...l legitimately have no idea what is doing this.

I'm doing a straight uninstall of my current version of pdn, and installing a newer up to date copy just downloaded.

312271720_666652331495791_2532125000744688372_n

/\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out."

cause I was getting exports that looked exactly the same as the right hand image, so how do I tackle this?

/\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out."

so apparently it was indeed a color profile..loaded by photoshop. go figure.

You might be able to use Photoshop to apply and then discard the color profile -- I'm not familiar with how you'd do that though. This would convert the image to sRGB, which is the color space that Paint.NET operates in.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

thank you for your advice and help sir, I've got a buddy whose using a copy of photoshop cs 2 whose agreed to run these pics through for me and do as you suggested.

this thing gave me fits like you wouldn't believe lol.

The good news is that for PDN v5, I'm currently working on an Image -> Convert to sRGB command (tentative name). For images like you show above, this will apply and remove the embedded color profile so that the image can look correct.

image.png

Example before-and-after:

image image

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Looking good, Rick!  I was reading that the Pillars of Creation are about 6,500 light years away (a light year is almost 6 trillion miles), so with the time that the light has taken to arrive, they may not exist now. Mind boggling!

Brian

thats certainly good news.

funny thing, we ended up having my friend(who did the conversion for me) MERGE one of the imbedded color profiles into the pic.

convert..just resulted in a perfect reproduction of the mustard green of the example image.

• 2 months later...

@Rick Brewster did that new command make it into V5? I just got the update today.

2 minutes ago, XRaiderV18 said:

@Rick Brewster did that new command make it into V5? I just got the update today.

Yes, it's Image -> Apply Embedded Color Profile

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

sweeeet. now I just need to find that bloody pic again ^^;