Does anyone know how I can make pixalated/rough edges straight?

Go to solution Solved by NinthDesertDude,

Hi everyone, I am still very new to photo editing and paint.net as a whole

I am trying to make the edges of the this texture straight and smooth

Nwhp2yo.jpeg

I want it to be like this one where the lines are straight and none rough and pixelated if that makes sense

c7MlwUE.png

Any help wold be greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch

As you can imagine, once an image is saved to .jpeg or .png, it's hard to change the content 😲

You could try 'selecting' the lines with the Rectangle Select Tool and then use a Plugin, like Average Blur to clean the edges.

Averaage-blur.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

39 minutes ago, Pixey said:

As you can imagine, once an image is saved to .jpeg or .png, it's hard to change the content 😲

You could try 'selecting' the lines with the Rectangle Select Tool and then use a Plugin, like Average Blur to clean the edges.

Averaage-blur.png

Ok I tried it and unfourtunately it dosent look as good as your one, are there any other methods you could suggest

Thanks

mw1h2wb.png

Whilst it could be tedious, you could use the color picker to get the exact color, make a new layer, and draw lines.

Lines.png

1 hour ago, jsoba77 said:

how make the top pattern less soft looking and more hard and stronger looking like the bottom one 

Play with the CURVES Plugin to get that lighter color.  Or, the Levels Ctrl + L

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

38 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Play with the CURVES Plugin to get that lighter color.  Or, the Levels Ctrl + L

Thanks for the response, I to make it lighter, I just want to make the actual texture look harder like the one below

If possible

or even like this, if that makes sense, my current one is way too soft looking, in comparison

(Hard looking)

AHERToc.jpeg

Mine (soft looking)

gWKgRtJ.jpeg

@otuncelliI tried it but I dont get the same result, same radius aswell

Try lower radius values. My sample was too zoomed in so I had to use bigger radius.

is there anyway to do this and still keep the previous details as before as this seems to ge make the surface too smooth

I don't know. You could try recreating the texture maybe? Because it's easier that way.

I used this texture: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/detailed-woven-fabric-texture-seamless-repeat-1484323856

bFvtqHb.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, otuncelli said:

Try this plugin:

(Radius = 80)

qQ2QJNL.jpeg

Its weird because I tried it with the full image and I am not getting the same results(anything past 15 and it becomes wiggly), but when I try with the same size that you used I get perfect result like you

I dont know what is going on

wtvRH1o.jpeg

4CfwgRY.png

image.png

3 hours ago, NinthDesertDude said:

You could just copy a thin rectangle of pixels near the edges and put them over the rough edges so they're nice and straight.

I will try that aswell

thanks a lot

3 hours ago, NinthDesertDude said:

Or take Pixey's edge blur approach and copy all the modified edges to some layer that you run AA's assistant on since you wanted those edges to 'blend' better.

As I want to learn and get better at using this app I want to learn as much as possible , so I am not sure what exactly you mean?

What is AA assistant?

Edited by jsoba77

AA's Assistant is a plugin. Use it to smooth the edges of an object (Object = a group of pixels surrounded by transparency).

• Like 1