Feature Request: Change tool size with Key+Mousewheel

TheOneAndOnlyChristian
Go to solution Solved by Djisves,

I use tools like eraser quite often and need to vary both tool size as well as its hardness.

It is quite cumbersome to move the mouse pointer every time a need to change size away from the current working area (in order to hover+scroll) over the tool size selection box. Instead, I'd highly prefer a (ideally customizable) key to be pressed, which lets me change the tool size use scroll wheel right in place. In case this feature will come, maybe the effort to add a second key to change hardness is not toooo big ;)

Best,

Christian

• Solution

You can vary the size of the eraser and all tools using the "[" and "]" (square brackets) keys on your keyboard.

For this and all keyboard commands, have a read here. (<-click)

• Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png

+1 ^^

You can add the Ctrl key to the square bracket keys for larger size changes (5px per combination press).

Unfortunately there is no keyboard chord for Hardness.

This is not very helpful, unfortunately. Given I use my mouse right-handed, I have to use the left hand for pressing whatever-keys. Pressing both Ctrl + [] is hardly possible (on a german keyboard, esp). Besides, it is not working (again, German Keyboard). Can somebody please verify, that it does/does not work with german keyboards?

Maybe the feature request should then be changed to "make the keymap customizable"

It does work with german keyboards , if you press the the right keys .

"Alt Gr" + "[" or "]"

or "Strg" + "Alt Gr" + "[" or "]" (for larger size changes)

(on a german keyboard is Strg = Ctrl)

And I strongly recommend ;

For this and all keyboard commands, have a read here. (<-click)

Edited by Rle